Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #1

Switched from Georgetown to Adventurer

Hello all, this is my first post here.... my wife and I just traded our Georgetown XL 378 for an Adventurer 37F and we are thrilled. the difference is just unbelievable. Going out on our first weekend trip next week to shake it down. Wondering about a few things and maybe someone can help.
*Georgetown had a separate forum, does Adventurer? Just want to know where to go for info specific to the Adventurer line
*Anyone have front end alignment issues when they took delivery. I have seen a couple of comments regarding "porpoising" and that IS an alignment problem. My 12' Georgetown had it and after it was aligned I could steer easily with one hand. The change was dramatic. Our new Adventurer was wandering on the trip home and the dealer will not do the alignment on warranty, says its a maintenance issue even though we just got it last week.
*Anyone know who to contact at the factory regarding warranty issues etc.?Name and number please.
*Any insight from other Adventurer owners or owners of Winnebago Gas "A"s
would be great.
Thanks to all, RV people are the best!
Ray, Cynthia, Bailey and Duncan
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Congratulations!! You are at the right place...
We are going to Tucson tomorrow to look at the Itasca Suncruiser 37f.
If you look at your owners manual, somewhere near the front it will advise you to get the front end aligned after its loaded for the road. Good idea to get it weighed too so you know how much air pressure to run. Dealers usually put the tire pressure at max for some reason....when I picked up ours I never checked the pressure and we took 500 mile round trip, the MH was all over the place, when I got home, checked the pressure, it was over 100 lbs, I now run 75-80.... Big difference.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to the forum. You're in the correct forum. Congrats and post some pics of your new RV in our new rig show off section.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 04:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Hello all, this is my first post here.... my wife and I just traded our Georgetown XL 378 for an Adventurer 37F and we are thrilled. the difference is just unbelievable. Going out on our first weekend trip next week to shake it down. Wondering about a few things and maybe someone can help. *Georgetown had a separate forum, does Adventurer? Just want to know where to go for info specific to the Adventurer line *Anyone know who to contact at the factory regarding warranty issues etc.?Name and number please. *Any insight from other Adventurer owners or owners of Winnebago Gas "A"s would be great. Thanks to all, RV people are the best! Ray, Cynthia, Bailey and Duncan
We looked at the same rig and ended up with the WB Advtr 37F. I have started an informal email circle of other 37f owners, to share info. If you would like to be added pm your email addy.

One huge improvement I recently performed: the drawer catches are not adequately screwed in. The problem is the wood is too thin to properly screw 4 wood screws. WB solution was to ignore the rear holes on the drawer catches and only use 2 wimpy #4 or smaller shorty screws. My solution was to cut some 1/4 hard stock into about four inch strips and glue them behind the too thin wood and use 4 #6x 3/4 wood screws. I did this for every drawer in the MOHO except the two top drawers on the TV console.
So far not one drawer has popped open while under way.
WineLuvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The hang tag pictured below should have been on the gear shifter of your new Winnebago Adventurer. You are responsible for paying for this alignment.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Cool Congratulations

I know you two will enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours. We recently put 4 new Monroe Matic shocks on ours and it made a big difference on the ride and bump steer. Go to RockAuto on line for the best price. Got all four for under $200 with free shipping.

Have fun out your shake down!!

"For GOD'S sake, be human"
Tomtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom N View Post
The hang tag pictured below should have been on the gear shifter of your new Winnebago Adventurer. You are responsible for paying for this alignment.

-Tom

Thanks for that, it was not anywhere in our new unit at time of delivery. Still going to try to get the factory to pay for one...Forest River had no problem reimbursing Georgetown owners, I was one of many that got factory reimbursment.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Owner Relations are the folks to communicate with. I talked with them both by phone and email to get questions answered, and for warranty issues. When working warranty issues with dealers I very often was also communicating with Owner Relations as it seemed too easy for many dealers to tell me "they said no" when I would find that was not the case when I checked with Winnebago. Email is a great way to "show" them an issue, and also provides you a written history. They are at 800-537-1885 / [email protected] Enjoy the adventure, AND the Adventurer!
Old 03-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Despite what their marketing materials say, Winnebago DOES NOT do a FULL alignment. I went around and around with Winnebago owner services about this before they finally admitted that they ONLY check the toe. The caster was significantly off on mine, causing it to pull constantly to the right.

Yes, you should get it checked as advised after loading it. But it should start out right fresh from the factory and many do not. Don't let it go. Insist that it be corrected. My dealer eventually covered mine.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mo View Post
Despite what their marketing materials say, Winnebago DOES NOT do a FULL alignment. I went around and around with Winnebago owner services about this before they finally admitted that they ONLY check the toe. The caster was significantly off on mine, causing it to pull constantly to the right.

Yes, you should get it checked as advised after loading it. But it should start out right fresh from the factory and many do not. Don't let it go. Insist that it be corrected. My dealer eventually covered mine.
Hey John, thanks for the insight. My dealer has already said no (surprise) and he has alignment equipment on site at the dealership. just sent an e-mail to owner services about alignment...well see what they say.
how did you get them to finally agree?

Tags
vent