Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by htbotdvr View Post
I know some people will say no way BUT I just bought 4 Michelin 235/80r22.5/g tires from a salvage yard of burnt up motors they where 2015 and like new paid $400.00 for all four, But to each due what you want just telling you there is others
Whoa! Great deal, $100/tire Assuming they're in good shape, you have until 2025 with those tires. I'm jealous.

I'll give you $150 each for them.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:24 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by htbotdvr View Post
I know some people will say no way BUT I just bought 4 Michelin 235/80r22.5/g tires from a salvage yard of burnt up motors they where 2015 and like new paid $400.00 for all four, But to each due what you want just telling you there is others
Not an every day find.

Michelin is really not the best tire on the road for RVers. They have great advertising and have designed a series of RV tire lines and sizes that the RV industry has bought into. I am one of the many who are tired of paying a premium price for a specialty tire that can very easily be replaced with a standard size tire that is very easy to find if the need arises.

I tried going through the FMCA program. The Michelin's were not to be made for another 6 months and I ended up with a pair of Continentals for the front at the same coast as the 4 Toyo's on the rear. That was with the FMCA discount.

Michelin is loosing its position in the aftermarket area of RV tire sales. Yes, there are the brand name diehards still to be found, and will always be around, but their word and loyalty is not the only voice to be heard. I am a Toyo fan because of experience. I am certain there are other brands that RVers are just as satisfied with and cost much less than the Michelin's. Your money. Your choice. We can only give our experienced advice to you.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:42 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I agree with you my post was to tell people that there is another source to look at for good tires and the 4 I bought are like new and I was lucky as my front are 2017 and now good rubber round and would not sell them
htbotdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:43 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

I bought 6 Hankook AH 11 from Simple Tire for $1,471, including shipping and FET back in November 2015. I had them shipped to my house, and I put them in the MH and took them to my installer. Pretty painless overall, and I saved a ton over Michelins. I'm happy with them.

They are all getting replaced at the 5 year mark.

I have a Sightseer 27C too. I did a LOT to it to improve the handling, but after all that it handles pretty well now. When I drove it home it handled so poorly I mowed down a row of traffic cones.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #25
Let's kill some bugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspringator View Post
I bought 6 Hankook AH 11 from Simple Tire for $1,271, including shipping and FET back in November 2015. I had them shipped to my house, and I put them in the MH and took them to my installer. Pretty painless overall, and I saved a ton over Michelins. I'm happy with them.

They are all getting replaced at the 5 year mark.

I have a Sightseer 27C too. I did a LOT to it to improve the handling, but after all that it handles pretty well now. When I drove it home it handled so poorly I mowed down a row of traffic cones.
I just bought 6 of the AH11 Hankook's also. Great tires, ride very nice, however they have quit making them. They only offer the AH35 now, which are rated at a higher weight capability. Many RVers have complained about a rough ride, since they are a tougher tire. The ones I bought I had to ask for, and they discounted them since they were no longer available from their distributor. The dealer had forgotten they had my size since they were so used to selling AH35 model today.
John Locke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, sightseer