Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

When is it going to be repainted to match the smoker? When is the debut at a comp? Good luck with the new rig and your BBQ.

We're heading for Chesapeake, VA for Sam's Club regional this weekend.
BBQ Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
Done deal. Picking it up tomorrow. Now I need some input on Satellites. With three TVs I want to at least have the outdoor TV be able to be on a different channel than the two interior TVs. Anyway I can do that with an In Motion Satellite Dome? With Dish HD?
Actually you can't. The Outside TV and the Living room TV share the output from the Satellite Box over the driver and the Bedroom will have it's own Sat Box in the Bedroom.
Great choise, just make sure you carry a DVD with you when you go to pick it up to check everything out. I went with the Dish Traveler setup. That way I can get all the channels with out having to have the SAT switch between sats. I told the DW she could not get the In-Motion if she wanted to be sure to catch all the channels. I've had a dome before and it was iffy on picking up the signals somtimes.
Go to the Winnie site and download all of the schematics, wiring diagrams, pipeing diagrams and everything else. It comes in handy when trouble shooting problems.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETnRvr View Post
Regarding the cab heat, we noticed a lot of heat coming in from the windshield through the upper cabinets. I pulled the back of the cabinets out and put some foil backed roll insulation across the upper portion of the windshield. It made quite a bit of difference especially when parked.
Now that's a great idea I noticed a lot of heat coming from the upper wind shield when I removed the access panels looking for the HD Distribution box that was not there. I'll have to see about adding some type of insulation up there also.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
I think 2014's are a tad more after a bump in factory pricing for the new year. I saw the invoice and my price was around $500 under their cost. It was a struggle to get this to sell a unit at that price since it had only been on the lot for 20 days and this is the most popular floor plan they sell. I think we did well on the price but its too late to worry about that now. Time to enjoy it.
So I hate to be nosey but how did you pay for yours? Ours was $119k
Old 09-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
Actually you can't. The Outside TV and the Living room TV share the output from the Satellite Box over the driver and the Bedroom will have it's own Sat Box in the Bedroom.
Great choise, just make sure you carry a DVD with you when you go to pick it up to check everything out. I went with the Dish Traveler setup. That way I can get all the channels with out having to have the SAT switch between sats. I told the DW she could not get the In-Motion if she wanted to be sure to catch all the channels. I've had a dome before and it was iffy on picking up the signals somtimes.
Go to the Winnie site and download all of the schematics, wiring diagrams, pipeing diagrams and everything else. It comes in handy when trouble shooting problems.
Thanks for the suggestions! Just got in from a 600 mile trip. Loving the new ride and just trying to learn everything. I appreciate all the help here as everyone is so helpful and nice!

BBQ Judge we are going to Riverfest in Decatur, AL Sept. 14. Trouble is I don't have an RV spot as I signed up before I had the new Winnie. They are sold out of RV spots!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

Which satellite system do you have in your stick house (if you have one)? If you have Dish network and a Hopper, you can use your Hopper in your new rig. In any case, you need to determine if you want a motion system, non-motion self-aiming, portable with HD, or a dish on a tripod.

We use the latter for now. I take the Hopper from our bedroom in our stick house and use it in the motor home. If you have a hopper, it's pretty easy to setup and even easier with a self aiming non motion system like a Winegard SK-1000 TRAVLER system. We will be getting one of these over the winter.

If you don't have a satellite system, Dish Network has a plan where you can turn billing on and off as needed and other plans. Here is a link...

DISHForMyRV: DISH Mobile Satellite Systems & Pay-As-You-Go TV for RV, Tailgating, & the Great Outdoors

It is daunting, but with a VIP 211k receiver, you can add a hard drive and have a DVR along with pausing live programming. The only catch with this system is that you have only one tuner and you need to watch what you record--unless you're not in the motorhome, then you can just record away.

Scott