Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Slider restraint/tie down 2006 Sightseer 29R

Our Owners' Manual shows fabric tie down straps attached to the inside edge of the sliders and the floor. Unfortunately, there aren't any attachment points on the sliders or the floor.

Is there another way to secure the slider? I'm assuming that the restraint is a good idea, if not a requirement for safety.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Laura View Post
Our Owners' Manual shows fabric tie down straps attached to the inside edge of the sliders and the floor. Unfortunately, there aren't any attachment points on the sliders or the floor.

Is there another way to secure the slider? I'm assuming that the restraint is a good idea, if not a requirement for safety.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome
We put 45,000 miles in 4 years on our Sightseer 29R w/o straps and no problems. Slides never tried to extend.

Our travels included at trip to Alaska with about 600 mile of gravel/dirt road.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I think you'll find that most of us don't use them, but there are exceptions. Here's a link to an earlier discussion on the topic:

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ap-103108.html

I removed my strap brackets when I replaced my flooring and, not only are the brackets fairly light gauge metal, the screws aren't that robust either. I may or may not re-install them. I'm not sure how effective they'd be if a slide wanted to extend.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

When I bought ours three years ago there was no strap but couch slide does have the bracket on wall and floor to attach it. We've added over 30k miles to rig without a strap and never had any issues.
divein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide