Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Slideout WEIGHT?

We have a 2019 Sightseer 33C. Does anyone KNOW " How much weight the Couch Slideout can handle ?" There must be a MAXIMUM weight restriction on it somewhere?

I Four cornered weighed my Sightseer and found that the driver's side is considerably heavier by about 1200 lbs. then the passenger side.

Empty weight was worse, the 1200 lbs is after I put my heavier weight on the passenger side. I understa d that 2 adults sitting on the couch could take up 350-450+ lbs. That still leaves 800 + lbs difference.

When we are trying to equalize the weight, not even close!

So I need to really pack the passenger side to get some of the weight off the driver's side.

How much weight will the couch slideout carry?
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Wow, that's a lot of weight distribution discrepancy. I'd recommend calling Winnebago and discuss with them. Does your RV lean to that heavy side?
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #3

I would like to here from other Sightseer 33C or Sunova 33C with same floor plans. I believe people will be surprised IF they weighed all 4 corners separately. It is a common problem that people don't worry or know about. I bought the Sightseer 33C over the Allegro or Bounder (Similar lengths) because the Sightseer 33C can carry approximately 3200lbs, that includes a Washer and Dryer but No water! That is almost 1000 lbs more than the Allegro and Bounder. However because of the weight distribution, you would have to load up the WRONG side of the Sightseer which would really make it SIDE to SIDE HEAVY!
NO NO. IT DOESN'T LEAN TO THE HEAVY SIDE. It did ROCK A LOT Driving up or down driveways, etc. I INSTALLED Sumo Springs, that totally eliminated the back and forth rocking. Helped with side to side sway too.
Maybe as the Suspension springs and shocks get Old and Weak, then the weight difference would cause it to lean to the heavier side?
We are still experimenting with weight. Putting 'heavier ' things on the Passenger side AND Closer to the REAR Axel..
I AM amazed at "How Well It Handles".. I really love the Sightseer 33C handling and Floor plan. I also have a Safe T Plus Stabilizer on it. Awesome!!
I am just very critical with the weight distribution. Most major accidents etc. Are caused by weight problems. Many RVs (53%) are Over Weight. 70%+ are Weighted WRONG, UNEVENLY WEIGHTED.

MY STATS ARE FROM SEVERAL SOURCES. RV SAFETY, RVIA ETC.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I totally agree with you about the weight issues. We own a Bounder and had it 4-corner weighed both empty and loaded. From the factory it was over 600 pounds heavier on the passenger side, but both the kitchen and bathroom are on that side. (Ours is also a 33C model, single bath.) Anyhow, I think the manufacturers should pay more attention to balancing the weight distribution but I suppose they are more interested in trying to create attractive floorplan layouts.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #5

I do like the 33c models, especially the Bounder, it was a hard choice....
Ken
Old 07-18-2018, 03:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Back to your original question... have you read through your owner's manual to see if there is any weight recommendation for the storage bays in your slide? If not, call Winnebago and ask them what the deal is. This is important to know for many reasons.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:49 PM   #7

Lightbulb

Sarah, I will have to call Winnebago. I can NOT find the weight anywhere and my dealer in Rockford, IL is not certain.

Thanks for the suggestion !
Ken
Joshua 24:15
Old 07-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I wouldn't sweat it. I have a 2004 Itasca Sunrise 30M, and it is 1200 lbs heavier on the driver side. Understandable, since that side has both slides, kitchen (except fridge), bathroom, generator... as well as the largest amount of storage.

It handles fine, doesn't lean, and is still well below the GVWR and the GAWRs. I am certainly a big believer in 4 corner weighing to determine tire pressure (both sides set to meet the heavier side reading), but it's only about a 53%/47% side-to-side ratio.

As for the slide, it is designed to easily support the weight that it has to, including the built-in items as well as the weight of occupied seating. None of that is cantilevered out during travel, so again, not a problem.

Unless you are having lean issues or uneven handling problems, I'd simply continue to load heavy items on the passenger side when/if possible, but certainly not lose sleep over it. YMMV.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #9

Thanks for the info on the weight. We had another brand MH that was 120 lbs. Over GVWR with just Full water , my wife and I. NOTHING ELSE!! So we really try to be super careful THIS TIME....
Thanks Again
Joshua 24:15
Old 07-25-2018, 09:01 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

My owners manual for OUR 2000 Ultimate Freedom MH states the maximum load in the slide bays and inside storage cabinets is 300#.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout, weight