Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide won't move

1996 Winnebago Adventure 34' hwh slide and Jack's. Jack's work so hydraulic is working. The slide won't move. When you push the button you can hear the electric motor running at the hydraulic pump. House batteries are new, engine is running. It's like maybe there is a safety switch that has the slide locked. Help please.
JohnLips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:18 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Is your parking brake engaged?
BirchyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
Is your parking brake engaged?

I have owned this coach for 17 years.
Yes the brake is on. The Jacks work fine just the slide doesn't go in or out. The motor for the hydraulic pump is turning.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like your solenoid is defective.
You'll nedd to know the exact model of your HWH system to get the correct info but it's probably similar to this one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ml11570.pdf (329.3 KB, 137 views)
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLips View Post
I have owned this coach for 17 years.
Yes the brake is on. The Jacks work fine just the slide doesn't go in or out. The motor for the hydraulic pump is turning.
Do 2 opposite lights flash? Also, physically inspect the slide ram pans. One could be bent indicating a problem with alignment of the track due to pads or some other malfunction.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by charge-it View Post
Sounds like your solenoid is defective.
You'll nedd to know the exact model of your HWH system to get the correct info but it's probably similar to this one.

The slide won't move in or out. Can't get it out to even see the solenoid.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Nothing is bent. And don't have any lights flashing.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The slide won't move in or out. Can't get it out to even see the solenoid.
I'm not familiar with your unit so can't say for sure, but usually the oil pump/tank/solenoids/check valves are not blocked by the slides.
If you can hear the pump running it should be easy to locate.

Check the HWH manual for your RV's system, it has a good troubleshooting section in it.
Attached Images

charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:55 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Nothing is bent. And don't have any lights flashing.

There is a tank for the hydraulic fluid. A manifold is mounted to it. The motor is mounted to this. The control board is on the opposite end. The manifold has solenoid valves that operate each of the rams in the system. In your owners package you should have a HWH instruction manual that will help you id the correct solenoid for that slide. There is a small bolt in the end of the solenoid that can be backed out a few turns to relieve the pressure when the store button is pushed. HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services will help you if you call them. Good source for parts.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

HWH system

If you are low on fluid in the tank, then the slide will not work. If you have lowered your jacks, you will need to bring them back up to the storage position and then check the level of the fluid in the tank to make sure it is full. If the motor is running like you say, I am thinking it might be low on fluid.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

My 1996 35 c Adventurer is in the shop right now for same thing. My manual says feet have to be down at least 2", parking brake set, jack panel light on, ignition in accessory, engine not running.

My mechanic ordered new solenoids from HWH. We will see

Don Litchford
dlitchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:40 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Slide solenoid

Quick check!

Disconnect the plug that feeds the solenoid and put +12 to the solenoid side and listen for a click, if yes push the button that moves the slide while you have +12 to it

Dave J
Dave9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:24 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

dave has it right.
always do the diagnostics. get a service manual.if you need one, email me at [email protected] i will send one. its also available on www.hwh.com

look for the easy cheap fixes first.
my first thought is the switch for the room isnt working.
there are two rows of three tabs on the back of the switch. one side runs the motor, the other side runs the solenoids. the center is 12 volts constant, and the end ones send the signal. the pump side and the solenoid side both have to have 12 volts on one of the end tabs to work.
use a 12 volt tester, and you will find the solenoids are not getting a signal.
these switches are notorious for failure. i carry a couple with me at all times, because of the rate of failure. the newer ones are slightly better.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:17 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thanks where do you buy switch?
dlitchford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide