Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2018, 10:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sightseer - how do you open the hood?

I know; 'RTFM' ...and I was reading it (Sec. 9-4) standing in front of the coach. "Use the vending machine key - turn right - yatta" ..but it only seems loose in the middle, as all the way right seems tight again. ..and nothing moves; there is nothing to grab? ...no latch in the grill.

I'm sure it will be easy the second time, but I need help with the first time. Thanks.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetstuff View Post
I know; 'RTFM' ...and I was reading it (Sec. 9-4) standing in front of the coach. "Use the vending machine key - turn right - yatta" ..but it only seems loose in the middle, as all the way right seems tight again. ..and nothing moves; there is nothing to grab? ...no latch in the grill.

I'm sure it will be easy the second time, but I need help with the first time. Thanks.

Jim
Turn both sides a quarter turn, then go to center of hood and pull hood forward (out). Hood moves out and then down. It remains vertical. If you have skinny fingers this can be easier.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ok, Ring... Ja, skinny finger are not available, but I'll make a tool. Thanks ...there just didn't seem to be anyway obvious. Maybe Winn thought this could be used as a Safety Deposit Box. Cheers.

Jim
Wetstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Look through the grill, towards where the round key goes in. Maybe you are locking one, while unlocking the other. Just look for the metal tab to be up on both sides.
Raising up is no need to get your fingers in there. Should come up easily.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Just took ours out of winter storage today. It is actually a half turn to release the hatches on ours. Then pull forward (out) on top part of hood. It comes out about four inches and then swings down. It stays vertical

Tags
sightseer