Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi all. I have a new 2007 Sightseer 26P with the optional surround sound and have a couple of questions. I'm sure that the operation is probably the same or similar on other models.

The setup is: three cube speakers at the front, 2 more at the rear of the galley area, and 2 bult-in speakers above the bed. With the radio on, the 3 at the front and the 2 bedroon speakers operate, but I can't hear anything from the 2 galley speakers. I don't know if this is a fault, or if they only operate in true surround sound. Also I can't figure out how to have the TV sound come through these speakers instead of just the speakers built in to the TV (if they even can). Do all 7 speakers only operate in true surround sound if I use the DVD player with an appropriate disc? My infocase did not have any manuals for the surround sound system, just for the radio and DVD player.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi all. I have a new 2007 Sightseer 26P with the optional surround sound and have a couple of questions. I'm sure that the operation is probably the same or similar on other models.

The setup is: three cube speakers at the front, 2 more at the rear of the galley area, and 2 bult-in speakers above the bed. With the radio on, the 3 at the front and the 2 bedroon speakers operate, but I can't hear anything from the 2 galley speakers. I don't know if this is a fault, or if they only operate in true surround sound. Also I can't figure out how to have the TV sound come through these speakers instead of just the speakers built in to the TV (if they even can). Do all 7 speakers only operate in true surround sound if I use the DVD player with an appropriate disc? My infocase did not have any manuals for the surround sound system, just for the radio and DVD player.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jeep Wrangler
Old 07-09-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Fossilhog
I have an '02 Adventurer with the surround sound. On radio mode only certain spreakers work but if you go into the TV menu and click on "sound" or on your remote there a selection of differnt application for expanded sound. Then they all work. Play with it!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Tim. This week I'll arm myself with a good DVD and spend some time playing with my new toy. So far it's been a lot of fun, though I'm a little disappointed with a few little "quality control" issues like trim falling off and some screws that were poorly installed. How do other Winnie owners feel about the care (or lack of) that goes into final assembly of your rigs?

Jeep Wrangler
Old 07-10-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Try flipping the aux radio switch on the dash. Mine is wired into that.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have had two Winnebago's with Surround Sound, and they all have been activated & Deactivated by switching the TV?Radio switch in the compartment above the dash closest to the passenger door.
It is ususally hard to see, and both mine were mount in this compartment against the passenger side wall.

Winnebago has one of the best quality control systems and records. Trim and Screws are minor compared to some of the horror stories you will hear from other manufacturer owners.

You have a GREAT unit in that Sightseer, enjoy.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:19 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I'll bet RMM is giving you the solution and also be aware that you will also have to have the switch on the dash set to power the radio and etc. set to Aux.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:55 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RMM:
Winnebago has one of the best quality control systems and records. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You think???
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I have an Itasca with surround sound. I have a rocker switch on the dasboard that says "Radio and Coach". The switch has to be in the (Coach) position for the TV to come through the pod speakers. Also be sure the little switch right under the VCR says TV not radio. You may have a different system, but check these points out.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:56 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll play with it and figure it out. But isn't it funny that it seems every model RV is different?

Jeep Wrangler