Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

RF jack will not go down on Adventurer 35U

I have an 2002 Adventurer 35U and I can not get the RF jack to extend down. The other 3 go up and down like they should. Are there fuses or circuit breakers that I can check? If a circuit breaker/fuse is bad, where can I find the parts? Thanks for helping.
TigeDuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Rf jack

I have a 06 Sunova and could not get the touch pad to operate the jacks. Winnebago suggested I unplug the pad and after about 2 minutes replug it and try it again after the "reboot'. It worked great. Possibly yours quit while rf jack was in transition. Good luck
desertdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Check your fluid level in the resevoir. Spray with silicone. Try storing it as far as you can, attempt to put it down by hand> There are solenoids that fail, but I don't know enough to advise you. Call HWH.. Your 35U is a very nice floor plan and very liveable..I had one and for a gasser I loved it. Stick with it and hope you have many hours of safe travels
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have the same M/H as you and had the same problem only on rear. PPL in Houston replaced one of the solenoids located at the pump. I would take to a dealer to get it checked first to see which solenoid you need..I know PPL Motorhomes in Houston can get you the parts....Good Luck, Mike
Mike & Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Also you can go to ---www.winnebagopartsonline.com--Lichsinn Motors located next to Winnebago plant...I have had good luck getting parts from them....
Old 10-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like your solenoid is out for that jack. You just need to order a new one, and replace it. I believe the R front is the first of four solenoids from the front of the motor home. The lower two solenoid valves are for the slides. You will either need the special tool, or use a pair of channel locks to remove it. Good luck.
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

All 4 of my solenoids are located at pump...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies-sounds like I will be looking for my solenoids tonight to determine which one is the problem.
TigeDuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I have done a couple of them, a piece of cake
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Tige: Don't foget if you have a bad selenoid the cause for it going bad is usaly week springs. If any of your jacks take more than 3 minnuits to retact it can over heat the selenoid. go www.hwh .com and down load the ML37640.PDF sevice manual for the 325 jack system. Or click on the link attached

Good luck
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ml37640.pdf (990.3 KB, 213 views)

2004 Adventurer 35U
Dick & Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem with my front right jack. Everyone said it was the solenoid. I thought it might have been a ground. The solenoid was replaced and the jack still would not go down. Turns out it was the ground. You might want to check the ground first. It is a lot easier and cheaper. Good luck!

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

You can also swap that solenoid to another position to determine if it really is a solenoid problem. It is quick, easy and not messy to swap or R&R a jack solenoid.
US Gear UBS
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

The jacks have stopped working on my Journey. When I push the on button the red light comes on as does the NOT IN PARK BRAKE light.

The service manual says the following: It says the light should be on - then says if it is on replace the board. Does that make sense that it should be on but if on replace the board. I'll call them Monday but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.
From the manual:
Check that the park brake is set.
THE PANEL WILL NOT TURN ON. THE IGNITION IS ON. THE "NOT IN PARK/BRAKE"
LIGHT IS ON WHILE PUSHING THE LEVEL (I) BUTTON.
2. Check LED 35 on the board in the control box. LED 35 should be on.
a. If LED 35 is on, replace the control box.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

As a follow up to my previous post: I contacted HWH about the jacks and the technician walked me through trouble shooting the jack problem. After about 4 or five calls and doing various checks he suggested it was a bad board. They sent a new board and I installed it today and now have working jacks (GREAT!!!) I am very pleased that the technician could take as much time we me as he did and he was very patient - I'm one of those older guys who don't know anything about circuit boards but he was extremely helpful. Towards the end of this process I said I guess I'll just take this to an RV shop and have them fix it. He suggested I complete it myself - that I had already done most of the work and why pay a shop a hundred or more an hour to finish up what I started. The only thing better would have been them picking up the tab for the board. Bottom line is they helped resolve MY problem.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote