Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Reyo & Via sales figures

Does anybody have any info on how many Reyo or Via Motor homes are sold each year. Are they as popular as the next larger size with a gas engine??? I've read about some nasty problems with the engines and fit and finish of these two smaller units and am curious about their popularity. Cannot afford a new 2014, but maybe a 2010 or 2011 but am afraid of problems on the road. I know all M H's will have problems, but these two seem to attract trouble.

Thanks for any input.

John
Mr John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The early units 2010/2011 had issues with water intrusion into the egr valve. Winnie and Freightliner worked out a fix for this and the later models were changed and avoided the issue. Starting I believe in 2012 they went from a 5 cylinder with 162horsepower to a 6 cylinder with 182 horsepower. The laterunits have not had the issues the earlierunits experienced. I own a 2013 Via and have afriend that also has a2013 Via and we are very pleased with them. I have another friend who has a 2010 Reyo and she bought it used and has been very happy with it. I assume the first owner corrected the egr issue or never experienced it. Good luck.
gmanatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I looked at a Via before I bought my Libero, the things against the Via from my perspective were: it had a propane gen, (a show stopper for me), small tanks and no built in macerator, otherwise I considered it a nice unit.

Good to hear from people who own the rig and are pleased with them. I did like the other attributes.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Everyone I know with a Via bought one with the optional diesel generator and the 25T model comes with a macerator as standard equipment.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanatl View Post
Everyone I know with a Via bought one with the optional diesel generator and the 25T model comes with a macerator as standard equipment.
Were they optional im the first models? I don't recall seeing that.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Yes I believe a diesel generator has always been a option.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I just went to the Winnebago web site and it showed a 3200 watt onan being available on the 2010 model.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
The early units 2010/2011 had issues with water intrusion into the egr valve. Winnie and Freightliner worked out a fix for this and the later models were changed and avoided the issue. Starting I believe in 2012 they went from a 5 cylinder with 162horsepower to a 6 cylinder with 182 horsepower. The laterunits have not had the issues the earlierunits experienced. I own a 2013 Via and have afriend that also has a2013 Via and we are very pleased with them. I have another friend who has a 2010 Reyo and she bought it used and has been very happy with it. I assume the first owner corrected the egr issue or never experienced it. Good luck.
Not quite correct on the engine information...
2010 models have a V6 154 hp diesel
2011+ models have a V6 188 hp diesel with DEF....additive you need to add every ?? miles...believe it has changed for different years depending on the size of the reservoir.
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I just went to the Winnebago web site and it showed a 3200 watt onan being available on the 2010 model.
2010 Onan diesel 3200 watt generator was standard. No propane generator was available as an option according to the WGO brochure:

http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/...a_brochure.pdf
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinyGuy View Post

2010 Onan diesel 3200 watt generator was standard. No propane generator was available as an option according to the WGO brochure:

http://media.gowinnebago.com/models/...a_brochure.pdf
Thanks, I see that, I might have been thinking of another unit that only had a propane gen, I look at the current unit cites only a propane gen, the very small tanks was also an issue for me, but the Via is a nice unit.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #11

I have had a 2013 Via 25T for six months and love it. The fit and finish are very good, and I have not had any major issues. My unit has the diesel generator and I would not have bought it with a propane generator, since it is so much easier to find a diesel fuel station, and you only fill once, not twice. We bought the 25T for the great exterior storage capacity and like the twin beds in the back. My wife sits on the bed with her ipad watching her shows on tv, and calls it her woman cave.

Bill
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale