Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Reward: Rear Bumper for '99 Chieftain

I am offering a reward to the person leading me to a good used rear bumper for a '99 Winnebago Chieftain. My brother backed into the rear of my MH last week and damaged the bumper to the point it would be difficult to repair properly without a rear cover.
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have you tried these people?

Singleton's RV Salvage & Sales, Inc.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #3

Get yourself a piece of square pipe and make one. They have different wall thicknesses so you can make it strong enough to last against being hit and you can store your sewage hose inside.
jimbo16720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Here is what the bumper cover looks like. I believe years '98 through '01 are very similar.

So Jim, I think square pipe might be out of the question :-)
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Here's another big RV salvage company that might be able to help.

RV Salvage Motorhomes - Parting Out Used RV Parts Repair and Accessories | Visone RV, Rebuildable Auto Motorhome Insurance RV Salvage Parts, Repairable Wrecks, Used RV Parts Monaco, Prevost, Allegro Holiday Rambler, Alfa , visonerv.com

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I had a '99 Chieftain and I believe it's all fiberglass back there. For qualified techs, it's easy to repair & not replace

I had some substantial rear cap damage repaired. The rv body and paint shop did the fiberglass work and it looks just as good as new. I asked about how long it takes to get fiberglass parts from the factory, and they said they almost never order new parts, they just recreate it from the pattern on the side that is undamaged.

In SoCal area I can recommend "The Paint Department" in Chino for excellent fiberglass and paint work. I was fulltiming and I stayed in one of several 50amp full hookups spots and they give you keys to get in & out after hours. Everything was done in 5 days.

Good luck,
Bill
Old 04-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
I had a '99 Chieftain and I believe it's all fiberglass back there. For qualified techs, it's easy to repair & not replace

I had some substantial rear cap damage repaired. The rv body and paint shop did the fiberglass work and it looks just as good as new. I asked about how long it takes to get fiberglass parts from the factory, and they said they almost never order new parts, they just recreate it from the pattern on the side that is undamaged.

In SoCal area I can recommend "The Paint Department" in Chino for excellent fiberglass and paint work. I was fulltiming and I stayed in one of several 50amp full hookups spots and they give you keys to get in & out after hours. Everything was done in 5 days.

Good luck,
Bill
Thanks Bill. As a last resort I will have it repaired. There are some fiberglass boat repair places around and I am sure they could repair it if need be. Visone in Kentucky have one from an '01 which is the same except it does not have cutouts for the '99 side marker lights. I am just waiting to hear back from them regarding costs for shipping etc.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Visone does not have a cover.