Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing crt tv 06 Adventurer 37B

I have a problem figuring out how to get this anchor out. I have removed left screw, cut the right strap with saw and TV is still not able to come out. Does anyone know if there are tie downs besides the strap across the front. I have washer/dryer combo below TV and was hoping not to have to remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1469406727511.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	134078  
BLAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Looks like there is a cabinet above the tv, can the base of it be removed to provide access to the tv? Or whats on the other side of the wall that the tv is built into?
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

There is cabinet above the TV, I will have to check that in the morning. The monitoring panel with pump, tank levels, thermostat, etc are on wall beside it.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I had the same issues. What is UNDER the TV? I removed my TV from our 2006 Adventurer that has a cabinet below. As I remember, there were screws under the TV and for sure there were two bolts that cinched down a metal strap. One of those bolts was actually behind the side panel of lower cabinet and required that panel to be removed (there are screws in the side panel). Also, I had to remove the trim strip along the top of the TV to get clearance.

After removing the TV, I built a cabinet door (not difficult) and mounted a flat screen to the outside. We now have an attractive large storage compartment AND a much better TV. Let me know if want details on how I built the door. I did the same on the bedroom TV.
mtnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I'm sorry, my bad, you explained that you have W/D under the TV. I'm afraid that the washer/dryer will have to be slid out for access to the mounting screws.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks mtnmike, I was coming to that conclusion too.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That's the same TV that we had in our 2006 38J and it weighs something on the order of 90#. It felt like it was still connected even after getting the mounts removed from shear weight! I also switched the old winegard batwing to a King "Jack" direct replacement antenna. Much better.

Don't forget the cabinet option, my wife loves it. Good luck, Mike
Old 07-25-2016, 10:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Mtnmike, I am not sure I understand your cabinet door. Did you mount the TV to the door such that it opens to the space behind TV? Thanks for the info.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I also have a 38J like mtnmike. I had to remove the panel on the "ceiling" of the cabinet below the tv. I was able to remove the bolts that held the strap in place and if I remember correctly there was a screw or two holding the back of the tv that I could see once I removed that panel. I also found that the strap had double sided tape holding it to the tv. I had to use a knife to separate it from the tv so it could pull out without hitting the strap.

Also like mtnmike I made a cabinet door out of 1/2 birch plywood stained with an oak stain to match the cabinet as best as I could. I used 4 hinges that matched the other hinges on the cabinet. I then mounted a 52in flat screen to the cabinet door using a flat wall mount that only slightly pivots the screen up and down. Then I used two latches to hold the door shut. I can open the door with the tv on it to access the storage space behind the tv. In the bedroom I did the same with the cabinet door but used a 32in tv and a fully articulated mount so that we could swing it out to a better angle to view from the bed.

Mike
mikelcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Like Miklcan, I used a 3/4" piece of oak plywood to make the cabinet door and stained it to match. The TV mount is bolted thru the door. I used a full length piano hinge for strength.

I have two latches, a magnetic one to use when we are parked, and a travel latch that secures the door when in motion. I have a cabinet pull for opening the door.

I also converted the bedroom TV to flat screen and cabinet. I'll try and figure out how to import a picture to this site. The prompt asks for a URL, which I don't have for my stored pictures.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I removed both tube TVs in my 2005 Adventurer 37b. The big Sony weighs 108 lbs. and the bedroom Sony weighs 55 lbs., so get a friend to help. Both Sony TVs are held in place by the metal band and 2 screws underneath. I had to pull the washer/dryer combo out of the way. I lined the inside of the new "Storage" space with 1/8" oak veneer and stained it to match cabinets. I then mounted a 40" flat screen to a swing out arm that mounts to the inside of the new cabinet wall to a 1"x 4" support board that I attached to the inside cabinet wall frame. I also wired in a light to the ceiling of the new cabinet. The TV itself acts as the door to the cabinet as it fits up against the new cabinet opening. I basically did the same procedure with the bedroom TV and new cabinet opening. Now I need to replace the "Batwing" antenna to something that will pick up a few more channels.
litewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I removed both tube TVs in my 2005 Adventurer 37b. The big Sony weighs 108 lbs. and the bedroom Sony weighs 55 lbs., so get a friend to help. Both Sony TVs are held in place by the metal band and 2 screws underneath. I had to pull the washer/dryer combo out of the way. I lined the inside of the new "Storage" space with 1/8" oak veneer and stained it to match cabinets. I then mounted a 40" flat screen to a swing out arm that mounts to the inside of the new cabinet wall to a 1"x 4" support board that I attached to the inside cabinet wall frame. I also wired in a light to the ceiling of the new cabinet. The TV itself acts as the door to the cabinet as it fits up against the new cabinet opening. I basically did the same procedure with the bedroom TV and new cabinet opening. Now I need to replace the "Batwing" antenna to something that will pick up a few more channels.
Litewave, could you explain how you aligned the dryer vent tube when you reinstalled the combo? Thanks
Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

BLAdventurer, I changed my antenna out to a "King Jack" and the difference is quite noticeable. If I had it to do over, I would have purchased the entire King mount that is low profile, does not require raising and lowering, and has a signal strength indicator built in.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
Litewave, could you explain how you aligned the dryer vent tube when you reinstalled the combo? Thanks
I don't remember having to do anything with the vent hose. It was either long enough to stretch out or it only had to move the washer far enough to get to the anchor screws on the upper, right ceiling of the washer compartment. I don'y remember it being a big deal'
Old 08-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I am the OP. Thought I would share my results. Had to remove the Combo W/D to get set out. Happy with the finished project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1470668083211.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	135283   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470668107419.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	135284  

Name:	1470668129471.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	135285   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470668380178.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	135287  

Name:	1470668417692.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	135288   Click image for larger version

Name:	1470668445640.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	135289  

Old 08-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Nice job ! Would you share the number of the TV mount you used ? Hoping to get after ours in the near future.

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #17
Winnebago Camper

Thanks stearn. Front mount is a Rocketfish RF-TVMFM02V2 (Bestbuy) and the rear mount in front of shoes is a SANUS SMF115 (Costco). Good luck with yours.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAdventurer View Post
Thanks stearn. Front mount is a Rocketfish RF-TVMFM02V2 (Bestbuy) and the rear mount in front of shoes is a SANUS SMF115 (Costco). Good luck with yours.
Thank you! I am near a Costco and a Bestbuy will check them out!

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Cheetah Mounts ALAMLB Articulating (20" Ext) TV and Monitor Wall Mount for 23-49" (some up to 55") LCD LED Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 400x400. Full Ballhead Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation. Includes a 10' Twisted Veins HDMI Cable and Bubble Level

Stearns,
This is the mount I used for a 40" LED in the front and a 32" in the rear. I purchased it from Amazon. Easy to mount and works well.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

smart tv?

Great info posted! I have a 2005 37B with old everything: TVs, Box Of Many Buttons, surround sound, am/fm radio (cd inop), bat wing and disconnected Dish antennae.

Besides new (smart?) TVs, what else should I get/replace to have a modern system?

Thanks!
jwoodie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent