Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Removing a TV in a Sunstar LX

I have been contimplating switching out the TV in our living area, it's mounted in an inset area above the electric fireplace. But for the life of me I can't figure out how they got it in there, never mind how to get it out. The wall it is on is shared with the half bath, but I don't see any access from the other side of the wall either. I must be missing something...
Old 10-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Can you hold a smart phone or camera at the top and take a picture looking down? I have to do that to see the connections on my TV.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
Site Team

Didn’t someone ask about this a couple of months ago? If I remember correctly there was a wood trim piece at the top and on the left side of the tv. Those were removable by removing a couple of screws and then the tv could be lifted to remove it from the wall.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved28 View Post
I have been contimplating switching out the TV in our living area, it's mounted in an inset area above the electric fireplace. But for the life of me I can't figure out how they got it in there, never mind how to get it out. The wall it is on is shared with the half bath, but I don't see any access from the other side of the wall either. I must be missing something...

I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
tkolsky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Have you found a solution yet to remove the tv?
Old 10-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkolsky69 View Post
Have you found a solution yet to remove the tv?
No, I haven't really pursued it further because I have an appointment for some warranty work in November and figured I would ask them then. The TV works fine, I would just like to upgrade it at some point to something "smarter" so I can stream directly to it without using my current dongle.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by steved28 View Post
No, I haven't really pursued it further because I have an appointment for some warranty work in November and figured I would ask them then. The TV works fine, I would just like to upgrade it at some point to something "smarter" so I can stream directly to it without using my current dongle.
I did a similar upgrade to my 31BE. What I found was that the apps on Roku, Fire and other devices are updated more often than the smart tv apps.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 10:20 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I contacted Winnebago about removing the bedroom tv and the tech emailed me a diagram and a pic which made it semi-easy. They have been helpful whenever I've called and never ask me if I'm the original owner, etc.
richp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago told me to remove top wood trim piece above tv. That gives you access to the 4 top screws holding the the tv mounting bracket. After removing the 4 screws, lift the tv up and out. I removed bedroom tv this way, but it didn't require removing any wood trim. Removing tv is the only way to access hdmi ,etc. plugins. I have always had a good experience contacting Winnebago online for technical help.
asweany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 11:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

remove tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by asweany View Post
winnebago told me to remove top wood trim piece above tv. That gives you access to the 4 top screws holding the the tv mounting bracket. After removing the 4 screws, lift the tv up and out. I removed bedroom tv this way, but it didn't require removing any wood trim. Removing tv is the only way to access hdmi ,etc. Plugins. I have always had a good experience contacting winnebago online for technical help.
how do you remove the wood trim? There are no screws holding it into place.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:44 AM   #11
Itasca Sunstar Owner

The wood trim is only held in with two small finishing nails at either end. Gently pry it out. You can use a small putty knife to get between the trim and wall and pry it out.