Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

As I mentioned in my first posting, I am moving up from a TT to a MH. My wife and I have settled on a 36' Journey. We are wondering where to purchase it, as we live in NC. And also, if people are so inclined, as to what we ought to pay for it. I've talked to 2 dealers and they have given me a price of $139,000 to $140,000. I was hoping to drop that significantly. Any suggestions? I have a unique situation in that I will be leaving shortly (with the new Journey) and not returning to NC for a year and a half. Service, while extremely important, will have to be done throughout the nation, not necessarily by the dealer I purchase it from.

I do hope I'm not asking any personal questions, but if I am, then please excuse me.

I'm wondering what dealers in the Southeast (or east of the Mississippi) that you might recommend?

Thanks
dbrown048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

As I mentioned in my first posting, I am moving up from a TT to a MH. My wife and I have settled on a 36' Journey. We are wondering where to purchase it, as we live in NC. And also, if people are so inclined, as to what we ought to pay for it. I've talked to 2 dealers and they have given me a price of $139,000 to $140,000. I was hoping to drop that significantly. Any suggestions? I have a unique situation in that I will be leaving shortly (with the new Journey) and not returning to NC for a year and a half. Service, while extremely important, will have to be done throughout the nation, not necessarily by the dealer I purchase it from.

I do hope I'm not asking any personal questions, but if I am, then please excuse me.

I'm wondering what dealers in the Southeast (or east of the Mississippi) that you might recommend?

Thanks
dbrown048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 03:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

i can't recommend a dealer but i can recommend a journey. our 2006 is great, i think the base price is 168,ooo so depending on the options you choose minus 25 to 28%? 140,000 or so out the door sounds pretty good. good luck, Don
Old 05-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We bought ours from Cullum and Maxey in Nashville. Excellent dealer and excellent service. They take care of their customers. I would buy another one from them tommorrow. Give them a call and ask for WD and tell him Steve and Joy sent you.
Steve St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We purchased our 2006 Adventurer from Lazy Days in Seffner, FL. After delivery we stayed in their delivery campsite for three days while a number of different techs fixed various bugaboos in the rig. (The most important of which as the replacement of a non working microwave.) They also installed our Dish TV receiver and did a number of other installations for free. When the accountant /closer (?) refused to honor a $2,000 rebate offer that the sales man (Dave Mercer) had made, he got chewed out in our presence by a VP(?) (Mr. Ward) "This is not the way we do business here" he yelled at the poor accountant. We would buy from them again. The price we paid for a special order Adventurer delivered in November last year was about 74% of MSRP.

Hope this helps

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=664&cat=2
ARNE-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Hello DBrown,Congratulations on your decision to purchase a Journey MH. I happen to have one of those Journeys also, and we love it. As for a reputable dealer, I would strongly recommend Harberson Swanston RV in Hudson, FL. We have purchased 4 MH's from them over the past 12 years and we have been completely satisfied with them, both from a sales and service perspective. They are friendly, professional, and I have also found them honest. Drop by and see them, you can tell them Jarvis sent you. Happy RVing to you. Best wishes, J. Wood
Old 05-27-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Bill Plemmons RV in Winston-Salem sells Winnebago. I've heard good things about them and we did talk with them when we were searching for a rig...they were helpful.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We bought ours from General RV and the last 2 before it. I also liked the way Cullum & Maxey operated in Nashville. We looked there on the way to Florida and I loved the "no pressure" sales tactics.

Ended up getting it in Michigan because they matched the lowest internet price I brought in AND more importantly, they have a good service department that worked very well with me on the last 2 coaches.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I can also speak well of General RV in Michigan. Although I bought my used MH from a different dealer, they have been very helpful in obtaining parts for me. Very friendly people and seem to be customer oriented.

As you are planning a long trip away from the dealer, it really makes little difference. As with all new MH's you should plan on spending some time at a repair facility someplace to correct the warranty issues you are bound to find. I would plan that trip to take you somewhere near the factory and schedule a stop.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We purchased our 2004 Adventurer from College Park RV in Raleigh, NC. They have been in business since back in the 60's and have a lot of repeat business. Good service over the past tow plus years and if I were to purchase another Winnebago product I would get it from these folks. Tim and Jamie Taylor(father/son) are both well qualified to give you a good price.

Good luck with your decision on dealers. The Journey is a beautiful coach.