Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 06:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Rear camera monitor 2002 adventurer

2002 adventurer no power to the monitor, the fuse is good. Anybody know where the power source is?
Thank You
Dice
Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have the same coach. I saw in another thread where you said you found an in-line fuse. There should be one in the fuse block under the dash pod too. When I was in the process of buying my coach (and going over it with a fine tooth comb), I noticed the previous owner had a piece of tape over the "Coach Heater" switch - I asked why. He said if he turned it on, it blew the fuse and the backup monitor stopped working. So I'm assuming they are on the same circuit, so there must be another fuse somewhere. I haven't done much investigation with it yet (the first thing I did was unplug the Coach Heater switch), so I'm not sure where the fuse would be. It could be that the in-line fuse you see if part of the circuit that goes to the gear shift that turns on the monitor when in reverse - maybe using the backup lights' power to fire a relay? Not sure if this helps you or not, but I'm pretty certain that my backup system runs on the same circuit as the Coach Heater, so I wouldn't think it would be only that in-line fuse.
WarrenJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #3
Just Trying to Help

Dice-

The answer for your coach will be similar to the one found at this link.

Use the diagrams for the 2002 and the correct sheets for a Ford chassis, if that's what you have.

I believe that "LD" on a Ford comes from a 5A fuse in position #17 of the Ford "Passenger Compartment Fuse Panel." This panel is usually found under the dash, to the left of the steering column, attached to the firewall.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, WarrenJA. When you mention the coach heater it got me to thinking. My coach heater, jacks down warning light & check antenna light don't work. The step won't retract when the ignition is turned on. Replaced fuse #17 & check the rest three times. I have a Ford chassis.
Dice
Old 06-24-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I replaced fuse the 5a fuse #17, did not help. I striped the end of a piece of wire and stuck it in with the fuse,& hooked it to the end of the inline fuse, monitor works.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:50 PM   #6
Just Trying to Help

Dice-

According to the wiring diagrams, the next diagnostic step would be to replace the 10A fuse in position #5 on the Ford fuse panel that is under the dash.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Where is the fuse for the camera?

The Ford F53 chassis with the V10 engine has the camera plugged into the radio. Very often the plug gets unplugged from the radio and disconnects the camera. On mine that cost me $1,000.00 because Winnebago suggested that I replace the entire radio which was a 2016 manufacture. In the details of the mechanics report was a statement that he taped the camera plug into the radio so that it would not become unplugged again.
Check it out. It may be that your problem is simply an unplugged cord to the radio in the dash.
Moonie
moonie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, adventurer