Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 07:20 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Quick connect propane

I would like to dispense with the little propane bottles for my portable grill. But how do I know what hose and fittings are appropriate for my grill and 2015 Itasca Sunstar 27N? There is a quick connect fitting in the back of the rig.
novastorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by novastorm View Post
I would like to dispense with the little propane bottles for my portable grill. But how do I know what hose and fittings are appropriate for my grill and 2015 Itasca Sunstar 27N? There is a quick connect fitting in the back of the rig.
If you have a Coleman Roadtrip grill like me, the following hose from Amazon was the ticket for me and my quick connect/disconnect fitting on my RV,

Sturgisafe Lp Gas 1#Throwaway Bottle 120 Hose 100476-120PKG

One end attaches to the bottom of the Coleman grill in lieu of a gas bottle, and the other end is inserted into the fitting inside my RV next to the LP gas tank.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by armullis View Post
If you have a Coleman Roadtrip grill like me, the following hose from Amazon was the ticket for me and my quick connect/disconnect fitting on my RV,

Sturgisafe Lp Gas 1#Throwaway Bottle 120 Hose 100476-120PKG

One end attaches to the bottom of the Coleman grill in lieu of a gas bottle, and the other end is inserted into the fitting inside my RV next to the LP gas tank.
I have a roadtrip grill. Are you forgetting about the adapter? the end of this hose will not connect directly to the roadtrip. At least the version I have...

I actually had to manufacture an adapter by modifying one of the propane bottle connectors.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I purchased mine in an RV Parts store. Long enough to get away from my quick disconnect and it screwed right into the Road Trip. I would think that 99% of all grills that use the common screw on bottle would take the common quick disconnect hose.

You will want the one that mates with your grill on one end and the quick disconnect on the other. the mating can be female or male depending on your grill. If it takes a bottle now it is female on the grill and you would need a quick disconnect with a male end.

What model grill do you have?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Here is what you have to do with a roadtrip grill. I didn't use the kit but bought the parts on my own.

I hear that the Weber's don't require this type of modification.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 04:14 AM   #6
Veteran & RV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge-fl View Post
I have a roadtrip grill. Are you forgetting about the adapter? the end of this hose will not connect directly to the roadtrip. At least the version I have...

I actually had to manufacture an adapter by modifying one of the propane bottle connectors.
No, I didn't need any adapters with the hose I ordered. Everything worked great!
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:13 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Also check to see if your coach's LP quick-connect line is high-pressure or low-pressure. Go back to your on-board LP tank - if the quick-connect line is plumbed in after the tank's regulator you have a low-pressure line.

In cases where the on-board LP tank has a regulator - and the grill does also - the grill may not work well. There are options to re-work the grill for better function if needed.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Oops! Sorry, I have the Webber Q1200 and didn't need a conversion fitting. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
I purchased mine in an RV Parts store. Long enough to get away from my quick disconnect and it screwed right into the Road Trip. I would think that 99% of all grills that use the common screw on bottle would take the common quick disconnect hose.

You will want the one that mates with your grill on one end and the quick disconnect on the other. the mating can be female or male depending on your grill. If it takes a bottle now it is female on the grill and you would need a quick disconnect with a male end.

What model grill do you have?
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I just converted my Weber Q2200 run on the RV gas line. Since the RV line was already regulated, I had to remove the regulator from the Weber. This left a 1/8" male NPT thread to connect to. I used a 1/8" female to 1/4" female connector as the first connection and then connected the 1/4" Male NPT Quick Disconnect fitting to mate up to the hose. A quick and easy mod. The fitting used came from Amazon as below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Propane...JEPDEYRKTN6BPW
TMac99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane