Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
LCD
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage. Somehow as we are going down the road, the water heater contents are heated. I assume the ford cooling system water is taken around the water heater. Can not find a diagram. How does it work?
LCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #2
LCD
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage. Somehow as we are going down the road, the water heater contents are heated. I assume the ford cooling system water is taken around the water heater. Can not find a diagram. How does it work?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LCD:
We have a 2008 Winnebago Voyage. Somehow as we are going down the road, the water heater contents are heated. I assume the ford cooling system water is taken around the water heater. Can not find a diagram. How does it work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your brochure lists your coach as comming with MotorAid as standard equipment:

"Water Heater 6-gallon electronic ignition w/motoraid & auto heater"

This means that engine coolant passes through a heat exchanger in the water heater and preheats it as you drive. Saves on propane when you arrive at your site with a tank full of hot water.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

do not turn on the 110 volt ac water heater after driving as the water in the water heater tank will be too hot and likely trip the eco over heat trip on the back of the water heater. wait until you have used some hot water before turning on the ac water heater.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DAN L:
do not turn on the 110 volt ac water heater after driving as the water in the water heater tank will be too hot and likely trip the eco over heat trip on the back of the water heater. wait until you have used some hot water before turning on the ac water heater. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan,

I have yet to experience that not even after I drove nonstop for 1000 miles in the 100+ degree heatwave of 2006. Is your 8.1 running a bit hot? I have the Ford chassis and the V10 usually stays around 195 degrees. We both have the same year and model but different chassis. Then again I travel with three ladies (wife and daughters) so my chances of not having some hot water use are pretty slim.

How do you like the Silver Stars? I picked up a set for my old Mini Van but have yet to do any extended night driving with them.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
LCD
Winnebago Camper

Thanks,
LCD
Old 09-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Just like you said. The additional run also helps with engine cooling
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I did not notice anything in the operators manual about not turning on the 110. Did I miss it? It seems like something that important should be addressed by the manufacturer