Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I'm thinking of installing a pullout table behind the passenger front seat where the recliner is and use it when I'm relaxing, watching TV or as a computer desk. I know it was available up to 05.

I've found the part number and I know I can get diagrams so I could bolt it to frame.

The problem is there a vent next to the wall on the floor where the table would sit. It runs the length of the window more or less.

Does anyone have a 33V with the pullout table? I could really use a picture so I can visualize if I can install it or not. I'm worried about blocking the vent. Maybe the pullout table has a cutout to deal with the vent.

Thanks for any help.
Tom
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm thinking of installing a pullout table behind the passenger front seat where the recliner is and use it when I'm relaxing, watching TV or as a computer desk. I know it was available up to 05.

I've found the part number and I know I can get diagrams so I could bolt it to frame.

The problem is there a vent next to the wall on the floor where the table would sit. It runs the length of the window more or less.

Does anyone have a 33V with the pullout table? I could really use a picture so I can visualize if I can install it or not. I'm worried about blocking the vent. Maybe the pullout table has a cutout to deal with the vent.

Thanks for any help.
Tom
Old 12-15-2007, 01:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Tom,

Our 2004 Brave 34D came with the pull-out table you are referring to. As part of a remodeling effort, we decided to remove it. That's when we discovered the floor (heating) vent you mention. However, the vent was covered in tape to prevent its use. If it works for Winnebago, it'll probably work for you. By the way, when the table was installed, the heating system worked fine. Hope this helps.

Jack
Old 12-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fakrwee:

Thanks for any help.
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

I have had two Winnies with the pull out table and the bottom where it sits on the floor is open and straddles the vent. As for the tape some have reported covering it, that sounds like sloppy prep by the dealer as the whole floor is covered when they build the coaches and this does not get removed until the dealer preps the coach.

I usually replace the recliner with a Flexsteel with swivel pedastle to match the co-pilots seat and bolt it permanently to the floor.

Gives me another belted seat that faces foward when driving and I don't have to worry about latching it down every time we drive the coach or flying around if we forget to.

It is a nice reading/work/snack table and keeps the dinning table free for dinning.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

FAKRWEE: I think if you turn the furnace on you will find the vent is a cold air return to the furnace. I have the table in mine, it is constructed so that vent is unobstructed. I would gladly send you a picture, but I haven't a clue as to how to do that. I really use and like my little table a lot. It is screwed to steel plates behind the wall. I took it off once to repair a roller in the slide mechanism. It screwed back on solid as a rock.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, NeilV and Homer are correct, it does straddle the vent..I have the coach heater in my rig and I believe I read somewhere that it is the return for that heater?????. Happy Holidays to all
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:17 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

My 2003 33V had that table. The vent was return air and the table basically bolted to the wall, not the floor. It did not affect the vent in any way. The framework that attched to the wall served as the storage tray so that you could lift the table up and slide it alongside the wall to be out of the way. Like Neil, we too replaced the "Whoops" recliner with a Flexsteel captain's chair so that we could use it for travel. While the Suncruiser is long gone, we still have the hoop recliner at home. Then again, our home doesn't move that much.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:56 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have our new (to us) 2004 Itasca Suncruiser with the table and the vent. Click on the link below tos get to a page that has a picture of the table extended and then folded up. They are near the bottom. If I was doing it myself, I would take the position of the passenger seat more into account before positioning the table. Go a little more aft if you can. My wife leave the seat back a little for traveling and it interfears. There is a power station nearby for computer and [prtable inverter.

http://www.linandnancy.com/itaska4.html
Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Guy's, great info.

Lindsy thanks for the link. I'll try and move the table aft but I think it depends on where the studs are.

I have to call Winne to find out where I can get a sidewall diagram that shows where I can attach the table to.

Winne quoted me around $500.00 for the table in matching concert cherry as my MH. It sounds a little steep. Does anyone know where I can get a better price?

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all
Tom
Old 12-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Tom try Lichtsinn Motors as they claim to have all Winnebago parts available.
Phone # 800-343-6255 or their web site for parts is www.lichtsinn.com/motorhome/parts.htm
Hope they can help you. Good luck.
BobD

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:45 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fakrwee:

Lindsy thanks for the link. I'll try and move the table aft but I think it depends on where the studs are.

I have to call Winne to find out where I can get a sidewall diagram that shows where I can attach the table to.

Winne quoted me around $500.00 for the table in matching concert cherry as my MH. It sounds a little steep. Does anyone know where I can get a better price?

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems a bit extreme. Camping World has them in oak for $32.69.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...25853&src=SRQB
Old 12-16-2007, 02:52 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

The Camping World table looks OK. If you want one just like Winnie in the Cherry, you might want to get a picture and go to a local Cabinet Shop or a local wood worker..Cherry stain on pine or someother inxepensive wood should not be outrageous...Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking on this and Winnie does not usually cut out the dealers and sell direct so Winnie would not have quoted you a firm direct price. If your local Winnie dealer quoted you that steep price try another dealer or possibly Lichtsinn Motors referenced earlier.

The table is not that complex and just about any woodworker with moderate skills should be able to make one out of a sink cutout and some oak or poplar 1X4. I would go with the oak for strength myself. The tools required would be a router, sand paper, hammer, screw driver and saw. The only power tool really needed would be the router for the sliding groove and to fit the wooden edging on the top.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:30 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I looked at the blown up diagram of the table on the Winne online resources and it looks to me that there is a flat piece that runs along the back that would accept screws anywhere along it. This would mean you could place it right against the cold air return vent and still screw into the studs.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Wow, $500 is way too steep. I have looked at the one at Camping World and bought a larger one for my old coach and it was just as nice as the Winnie one. It looked like it would accept a stain also.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 AM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the replies. I'm on the road now in Santa Fe, NM. And haven't had time to work on the project.

I did however measure the height from the floor to the bottom edge of the window. It measures 25in. I tried the CW table and it was too tall, around 30 in. which made it stick out into the window and interfere with closing the shades all the way down.

Lindsay, can you measure how tall your table is? Winne might of installed a bigger window on the 07's, If that's the case than I would have to have it custom made.

The other option would be buying a small side tall table that would work, and then lay it flat when we travel.

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks
Tom
Old 12-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I will measure it as soon as I get back to the coach. We are at a famil outing in the mountains for a week around Christmas without the coach. I'll post it here when I get it.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Lindsay. We too are with the fa. I'm in no rush.

Tom