Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-02-2018, 06:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

QUESTION:2015 Journey 40R

Anyone having issues with this year / model? Looking to buy one with 15,500 miles. Any feedback is appreciated!
YellowRoseTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowRoseTX View Post
Anyone having issues with this year / model? Looking to buy one with 15,500 miles. Any feedback is appreciated!
They all have issues, some just more than others.
When you do your walk through, have them show you that everything is in working order.
Good Luck,
Lee
Old 05-02-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Check the age of all the tires, this can be very expensive item.
Maintenance records.
I didn't get any with our used one, but did buy extended warranty.
After reading through the contract, if you don't do, or have proof of engine having P.M. preformed, and something happens to the engine, you are on your own.
This is within 30 days. I have to do it all, to even have records.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Journey

Hi,
Thank you for your response. We are purchasing a 4 year warranty. They are going to do a 140 point check. We have asked for the maintenance records from their dealership although it wasn’t purchased there. The “PM” which I suppose is performance maintenance? With the warranty we wouldn’t have to worry about the 30 days? So appreciate the feedback since this is our first “journey’ with Motorhomes!
YellowRoseTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 02:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Happy Trails.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Maybe somebody will chime in here, but wasn't 2015 in the middle of the slide Swintech motor/gear issues?
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I have that exact model and year. Bought it new. Now have 33,000 miles with no major problems. Did have one A/C go out a couple of months ago. My Vehicle Service Contract covered it. When they replaced it they found a small "notch" had been cut into the opening which caused an intermittent leak. We could go through a downpour with no leak and then another time with nearly no rain it might leak. Now no leaks. We did replace the mattress with a memory foam mattress.

I upgraded the fantastic fan to one with remote. Easy conversion. Also added a dimmer to the smaller diameter bank of lights. Used the wire that used to go to the fan to get a ground. Really easy and is a great plus.

I added a small fan to keep the Navigation system cool and also one in the Audio/Video bay to keep the matrix distribution system cool. All of the manufacturers seem to cram electronics into tight places with no air which causes overheating. Quite happy with the Infotainment system. The GPS works as well as any and gets construction updates often. Really like the cameras and large screen.

Several of the overhead LED lights needed replacement. winnebago sent the new fixtures and I replaced them. Just check that all the lights work and are bright. The bad ones were dim.

We often do dry or semi-dry (water, no sewer) from Thursday-Monday. The tanks are adequate. We generally do have electric but not always. The refrigerator will run about 24 hours on the batteries if not using anything else. Batteries will run everything overnight even if using propane heat.

We have had a 95 Newmar and a 2000 Jayco Designer 5th wheel. Really quit happy with our Winnie and the unique floor plan. Trying to use the sofa for a bed is not very good though. Definitely requires a topper!

Overall we are very happy with the unit. Should you have specific questions would be happy to help.

Good luck!
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

2011 journey

Quote:
I paid 389$ for a RV dealer to go thru with a fine tooth comb. Found 1200$. Worth of fixes. Worth the $$. Seller deducted cost from my offer.
Hendo6771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your purchase! We have a 2013 Meridian (sister to Journey) and are very happy with it. Check out Winnebagoind.com under resources to get full drawings, parts list, manuals, and even 3D schematics.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey