Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Please help me with Aqua Hot!

I have a 2013 tour QD. It has an Aqua hot heating system for hot water as well as heated water for the heating system. My problem is when I select the zone and heat system it will only work on one zone in the rear half of the unit. When I select the zone for the front I get only the fans working. The fans only blow cold air so I assume there must be a bad valve of some sort that is not allowing the hot water to flow to that zone?
Winnknee42qD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I cant help you, not familiar with the system you have. I would call Winnebago Tech support directly. I have gotten very good help from them in 4 different motorhomes.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:29 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You may have a bad pump on the Aqua Hot. There are multiple pumps to supply the individual zones. Contact them, they are very helpful.
RETE8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 06:14 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The AH system has been an issue from day one. We have a few in our WBGO club who have had to have them repaired. From what I have heard they do get good support and are or have ironed out the on going problems.

I don't know how long that system has been around but I've read several threads listing issues.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
Grand Design Solitude 373

We have a 2013 Itasca Ellipse 42QD (identical to your Tour) and had the same issue with the front heat zone as you are having. Our issue was resolved with a repair to the control board down in the AH unit. It was a bad solder joint that the LaMesa tech repaired. There was also a series of defective water pumps used in newer AH systems that would also cause the dead zone as well
john
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Superpacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Tap on the check valve to the front zone in the Aqua hot unit in front of the zone circulating pump. Second, is there any red lights on the board? Your circ pump may have failed. Is there air in your system? Is there boiler fluid in the over flow tank.
Berndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
The AH system has been an issue from day one. We have a few in our WBGO club who have had to have them repaired. From what I have heard they do get good support and are or have ironed out the on going problems.

I don't know how long that system has been around but I've read several threads listing issues.
Aqua-Hot was founded in 1984 by an enthusiast in his home, and to me it is ingenious! I don't think you'll find a high end MH out there without a hydronic heating system, and the larger share of the market is going to be Aqua-Hot. They are the ultimate for full-timers, and the convenience of diesel fired hydronic systems have opened the door to "all electric" coaches these days, completely void of any LP fuel.

Aqua-Hot is a Colorado company, up the road from Carefree-of-Colorado and Bestop! Although the family suffered from internal tragedies, the company has pulled through and make a reputable product that has set a new standard for RVs. My hat is always off to the inventor and US entrepreneur.

The Aqua-Hot Story: Creating Comfort for RVing

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...eeping-parents
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I just remembered something. I helped a friend down in Mazatlan with trying to analyze his repeated AquaHot failures. There's an electronic control board in that system that fails repeatedly. Whether it's an electrical glitch causing the board to fail or a bad design problem, we couldn't discover. But it's a small control board around 3" by 2" that is down in the control compartment. Swapping it out fixes the issue...for a while.

That's all I remember. Sorry and good luck.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hey Winnekee what did you find out, We have a 2011 tour same problem.
Thanks,
Larryg17
Larryg17 is offline   Reply With Quote