Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Opinions on the Adventurer 35A

Just sold our Itasca Sunova 30B. We are out about six months each year. I love the layout of the 38J but husband would like a 36' limit. I like the 35A also. Does it have enough closet space for several months? Is it a good all weather unit? I would get the W24. Is it difficult to manuver the 38J into gas stations, drive through towns, turn into a driveway?
Thanks for your input.
Fairlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have a 35P on the W24 and have no problems maneuvering through gas stations. I wouldn't think and extra 3 foot would make a lot of difference. Not sure if the 35' and 38' have the same wheelbase, but if they do, the tail swing on the 38" would be worse.
Gotta_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

We have a Sunova 34A - a very similar layout to the 35A and absolutely love it. We took a 3-week trip earlier this year and had no problems fitting in everything we needed. The front opposing slides give you SO much more living space in the front but the downside is losing a bit of patio space and having an awning that must stay a bit higher than deployed. Be sure to weigh the unit before you buy to verify the cargo carrying capacity. Even with the W-24 it might not be as much as you'd like.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

35A

As you can see -- we are full timing in an Adventurer 35A. Biggest advantage to us is the counter space. We cook most meals in the coach, and all of the extra counter space is a HUGE advantage. Note the actual length is 35'11", so we tell the campsite we are a 36'. Gas stations no problem, if you are towing a toad, just make sure you can get out without having to back up. Try to avoid those with lanes heading in to the c-store. We have the W24 chassis, has lots of carrying capacity - sticker says 2789 lbs. CCC. With the basement air, you lose a bit of storage outside at the rear. Gas mileage is mostly in the 7 - 8 MPG range. The rear spark plug wires overheat on some models, causes you to think the tranny is slipping. I replaced ours with racing (high heat) wires, no more problems. ( Found out about the problem and solution on this forum, BTW!) Having the awning go out flat and high isn't the best, but it does seem to dump the rain. I'm pretty careful about the wind -- don't trust the auto retract.

Anything else you would like to know -- give me a holler. Overall, we like our rig pretty well -- haven;t seen anything we would trade for.
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We too have the suncruiser 35P - and are VERY pleased with in the interior: the amount of space, lay-out and livability

good luck - and have fun looking!

regards, peter
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have an Adventurer 33V and are very satisfied with it. I noticed in an ad from PPL in Houston that they have a 2006 Adventurer 35 for sale on consignment. I don't know what floor plan.
Eric n Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

We have an '05 35A ,spent nearly 3 weeks in it while out west, we love it ,the only thing you have to watch for is for counters cracking on kitchen slide out,when we bought ours they were cracked and we had dealer replace them as part of the purchase deal,I actually stood right there and watched them install them ,made sure they chalked to give a little more cushion between counter and cabinets and didn't overtighten hold down screws,don't think they appreciated my opinion, my only complaint is only 2 batteries for coach,but I do have to say they did hold up well in Yellowstone as most of the campgrounds had no power ,but I think you will be happy with the 35A it has its quirks but so does every other MH out there
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
38j, adventurer 35a, all season