Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
Site Team

One Year Anniversary

A year ago this week we purchased our new Adventurer 37F.

We've put over 12,000 miles on it and over this year fixed just about every single issue we've encountered. We've spent about 110 to 120 nights in the RV spread out over the year.

We've had a series of what I'd now call "small" issues and WBGO has been fairly good about fixing just about all of them. At this moment, one year in, I know of one thing that's not working correctly and hasn't been able to be fixed yet.

I hope that this year will be a year that we simply use the heck out of the thing and don't add another round of 5 or 6 problems to mar our enjoyment of the coach.

It really is a VERY well-built RV and we couldn't be more proud owners of the thing. We are especially happy that we bought the Adventurer. It's head and shoulders above every other Class A Gas RV. In fact, it's feature list is, even today, the kind of things you'd expect to find in a $350K DP. (Our coach's MSRP was $210K) It's just too bad that WBGO discontinued the model shortly after ours was built. They've left this high-end gas RV market to Newmar and really no one else comes close. We came very close to buying a Newmar Canyon Star and we're so glad we did not because our Adventurer has it beat in many ways.

We added a Roadmaster Safety Steering Stabilizer, Sumo Springs, 200w of additional solar, Sani-Con macerator, Weboost Cell Booster, WiFi Ranger and lots and lots of gasoline to our coach over this year.

In short - we love it and think it will last us quite a while.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congratulations on your anniversary. You're right about the Adventurers having great floor plans. Hope you have many miles and places of great camping "adventures."
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
Site Team

Congrats! We bought our 35P about the same time and agree with everything you said. We have also worked out all the kinks, Winnebago has been good to work with, and love the quality. We have 8K on ours and only about 30 nights. When I retire I will catch up with you! We also have sumo springs. Here’s wishing you a trouble free year as your Adventure(r) continues!
Al
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

what is the one thing that has not been fixed?
Gordiegaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordiegaffer View Post
what is the one thing that has not been fixed?
My waterheater doesn't work properly on propane and it blows thermal cut offs as a result. It's done so 4 times - and we rarely use it on propane because of the issue. So blowing the thermal cutoff 4 times means about 50% of the times we've used it on propane it's done this.

Problem is... it will start to work correctly when you first turn it on on propane but over the next 24 hours is starts to short cycle over and over and over again. So, every dealer that's looked at it (2 WBGO dealers and the factory) make some little insignificant change and turn it on and it works and they tell me it's fixed. So, I go on my way and test it out a day, or week or month later and it short cycles all night long and then blows the thermal cutoff.

When driving the RV coolant heats the hot water so as we travel it's not a problem and when we stay somewhere we're likely to be on shore power so it's not a problem then either.

They've replaced the circuit board, the igniter and adjusted it 3 times. But they never see the issue. I've taken a video of the problem and shown them but it doesn't seem to mean anything to them.

I made sure my service writer knows it's still an issue and that I still expect it fixed under warranty.

It blew the thermal cutoff the very first day I bought the coach.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:40 PM   #6
MAC
Winnebago 38 Q

Congratulations on the anniversary! I have a 2017 Adventure 38 Q which we love the quality & floor plan. We have most of the new RV issues fixed. We also did the Safety Steering Stabilizer, I was considering a rear track bar for the rear swaying, did the Sumo springs stop the sway?
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #7
Site Team

The sumo springs helped with a lot of things. They didn't eliminate the sway but they tamed it a bunch. I don't know if a track bar will help with sway. I hear it will help with cross winds and passing trucks. Adding the big thick Roadmaster or Helwig additional rear anti-sway bar is supposed to help a bunch with sway.

I'd not be without the Sumos. They have helped in many areas. I'm considering the Koni FSD shock upgrade, but I'm just not 100% sure yet.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We had an issue with our water heater as well. I would ignite, then a short time later shut off. The dealer decided to replace the water heater LP valve and we have not an issue since. I talked to the technician who worked on it and he said he had seen this issue on other fairly new coaches. He previously tried the standard diagnosis procedures and couldn't determine the cause. On a hunch he replace the valve on another coach and TADA. So when we reported the same issue he quickly decided to just replace the valve. Problem solved.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:58 AM   #9
Site Team

I've been thinking about this myself. I think besides the circuit board - which has already been replaced - that this must be the issue.

By "water heater LP valve" do you mean this;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 10.56.36 AM.png
Views:	101
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	170030  
Old 07-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I do believe that pic is the correct part.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:25 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
A year ago this week we purchased our new Adventurer 37F.....

....It really is a VERY well-built RV and we couldn't be more proud owners of the thing. We are especially happy that we bought the Adventurer. It's head and shoulders above every other Class A Gas RV. In fact, it's feature list is, even today, the kind of things you'd expect to find in a $350K DP. (Our coach's MSRP was $210K) It's just too bad that WBGO discontinued the model shortly after ours was built. They've left this high-end gas RV market to Newmar and really no one else comes close.
I feel the same way about my 2015 Itasca Suncruiser 37f (Itasca's version of the Adventurer).

Three years of full timing and we still think we got the right one - notwithstanding the Schwinteks. And I'm glad I bought a Winnebago.
jrpend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #12
Retired Sailor and Wench

My wife and I bought a 2013 Adventurer 37F in January with the goal of becoming full-timers when we get our home sold this year. This being our first RV, we are really learning all the "beginner" stuff. The day after we bought it, the temps in North Texas went down to 20º and I had to quickly figure out how to drain the water out in time!

My wife has several cats and we got the 37F floor plan so we could put the cat box in the half bath. I just finished replacing all the ceiling lights with LED bulbs and we have reprogrammed the front windshield shades. The coach had 16,000 miles on it when we bought it for $87,000. Since buying it, I have replaced the tires with Michelin tires because of dry rot in the sidewalls and saved $106 per tire through FMCA's Michelin Advantage program. The Adventurer seems to be better built than the Thor 37 footer we rented last fall to accompany friends on a trip from Texas to Pensacola, FL and back. The WBGO factory has been very helpful in answer questions about our coach and we really have no complaints, so far. Wish us luck!
Tailhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I've been thinking about this myself. I think besides the circuit board - which has already been replaced - that this must be the issue.

By "water heater LP valve" do you mean this;
Just a note - those two black electric coils on top release the valve to open. If either of them are bad, it won't open. I've had to replace them before and it saves replacing the whole valve, but I can't remember where I got the coils. The one in your picture does not look like it is serviceable as I don't see how to remove that top plate like mine could.

Not saying its a huge cost savings, but it is a time savings to only have to replace a coil and not have to break open the gas line, especially when on the road.
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote