Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 07:49 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
If you've got the space to add one on the side of the RV, it wouldn't be a hard DIY project.
On many RVs, that would be a MAJOR project. Just getting to glimpse the water tank let alone make extra connections is just about impossible once it is built.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:01 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
SilverBob,
Wow, you can actually utilize the water pump on the coach, to "Pump" water INTO the tank, through the city water inlet? That's pretty good. Never heard of that before this. All I've ever seen or heard of is, the water pump, pumps water OUT of the tank, to the available faucets.
Scott
Our 2000 and 2002 Dutch Stars could both utilize the water pump to winterize or fill the fresh water tank.
The Magna has a gravity fill as well as the city water inlet with auto fill.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:10 PM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
On many RVs, that would be a MAJOR project. Just getting to glimpse the water tank let alone make extra connections is just about impossible once it is built.
You don't have to access the tank itself and connect a new hose into it, just a 'T' into the line coming out of the tank and going to the pump.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We have friends with a Coachman Class C and just before leaving for long cross country trip the fill valve that diverts water into the tank broke and they have no way to fill their tank. Seem a dumb thing to leave off a Motorhome. I use mine all the time.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Same thing with our old Coachmen C. Methinks the OP has the panel of many valves and needs to learn how to use it.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:01 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
Same thing with our old Coachmen C. Methinks the OP has the panel of many valves and needs to learn how to use it.
I am the OP. I can assure you that I do not have a valve to would allow me to suck water out of a can into my tank through the fill port. Even if I did, my original question was not how to get water out of a can, but how to get water from a hose with no threaded fitting.
Algonquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:09 AM   #28
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algonquin View Post
but how to get water from a hose with no threaded fitting.
Without the ability to draw water, out of a container, into the fresh tank ; then you could make up an adaptor or two ( 1/2" & 5/8" hose, the most common sizes, to threaded hose end) and clamp your adaptor onto the no fitting hose , until your done filling; removing it when you leave.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

This is how we replenish our fresh water tank when there aren't any hook-ups available. Set the Fresh Water Fill Valve to Tank Fill. Set the Winterize valve to draw from a container. Drop the winterize hose into a container of fresh water and turn on the coach water pump. I've filled my tank many a time using this method at primitive campsites.
Al

Old 07-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #30
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
SilverBob,
Wow, you can actually utilize the water pump on the coach, to "Pump" water INTO the tank, through the city water inlet? That's pretty good. Never heard of that before this. All I've ever seen or heard of is, the water pump, pumps water OUT of the tank, to the available faucets.
Scott
Yep! That's how we do it. The instructions are in the owner's manual. At first I thought it was kind of a pain, but we boondock almost all the time. Tthis way sure beats lifting a 6 gallon water can and pouring it into a funnel!

Sorry if this doesn't help the OP.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Great idea, but a tough way to fill an 82 gallon tank!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
You don't have to access the tank itself and connect a new hose into it, just a 'T' into the line coming out of the tank and going to the pump.
Even that would be a bit of a job and then you have the problem of getting 50 gallons of water into a tank via a skinny hose using just gravity.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:34 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Without the ability to draw water, out of a container, into the fresh tank ; then you could make up an adaptor or two ( 1/2" & 5/8" hose, the most common sizes, to threaded hose end) and clamp your adaptor onto the no fitting hose , until your done filling; removing it when you leave.
I carry barbed hose fittings with hose clamps for 1/2" and 5/8" sizes of hoses, which works great if there is a plain hose with no threaded fitting. The problem arises when the campground attaches some sort of oddball fitting to the end of the hose, such as a curved brass tube.

Tags
fresh water, water