Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

No bushing or grommet on the generator battery cable

When I was working on the generator on our Sunstar, I noticed that there was no bushing or grommet protecting the battery and control cables from chafing on a hole in the surrounding enclosure.

Actually, there was a half inch piece of what must have been the original grommet holding up the red cable.

That's a 1 3/4" hole, so I got a suitable 1 3/4" nylon bushing. The more correct way to install it would have been to disconnect the cables and install the bushing. However, being ambitiously lazy, I snipped through the bushing with some dikes and snapped it around the cable and then into the hole.

I could have gotten another rubber grommet, but since the last one seems to have rotted away, I went with the nylon.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 10:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

That'll do it. Good work.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, generator