Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2018, 02:54 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Antenna issue?
Old 12-31-2018, 08:23 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

change your antenna to a wire wound one gives better reception and make sure you are tuned to long range on radio
htbotdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:56 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

No HDMI in cabinet above the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaudelin View Post
I've just ordered a Sony DVD player that has both AV cables and HDMI. Only AV cables will work in the AV Cabinet above the door. There is no HDMI in that cabinet. The player does not have Blu-ray but that's okay. It is small enough to fit in the AV Cabinet and I'll use mega-velcro like thompwil suggested. Thank you everyone for your help!
Same issue only my Blu-ray player only has HDMI so I hooked it uo to HDMI plug to TV that is in cabinet above the dinning room.

No HDMI is well be obsolete.
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:20 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Trust me I was shocked when we took ownership of ours with no DVD, CD, or Sirius
qhilldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:39 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

So many things that are standard in a pickup truck that we are not getting in the Ford F53 chassis:
1. Backup beeps (Safety)
2. 8 inch radio screens with current USB/Bluetooth/DVD options
3. Turn blinkers on the side mirrors (Safety)
Noah4448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:15 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Does the tv itself have a dvd slot on the side of it. Our boats did. I never knew it for years until my son told us. Good luck
Old 01-01-2019, 08:41 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah4448 View Post
So many things that are standard in a pickup truck that we are not getting in the Ford F53 chassis:
1. Backup beeps (Safety)
There is no correlation between an F53 chassis and consumer pickup trucks. All of the things you listed would be added by Winnebago, not the chassis supplier. I don’t disagree that some (backup beeper) would be beneficial and inexpensive to add.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 05:38 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah4448 View Post
1. Backup beeps (Safety)
I completely understand that for Class A's, the chassis manufacturers really can't supply accessories that many buyers would like to have - unless its directly related to the chassis. That has be the coach builder's responsibility which, frankly, I think they could do better at.

I've grumbled before that I wish Ford could be offering accessory add-ons for their chassis, particularly the cutaways used in Class Cs. And I'm talking about the kinds and types of accessories already offered in the F-Series pickups that could be adapted to the E-Series with little or no modification. Yes, there are sometimes aftermarket products that can be used, but OEM products would arguably be better in many ways.

Surely I'm not the only Ford powered Class C owner that would gladly fork over some bucks for add-ons that would make going on down the road a little more comfortable and convenient.

Unfortunately, this is probably still a pipe dream since Ford has been hinting for a few years about dropping the E-Series in favor of the Transit Series or something similar.
Old 08-25-2019, 07:22 AM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
We found a Samsung BluRay at Walmart the fit into the space above the door. Under a hundred bucks. In ours there's a bank of HDMI splitters in the wall back in the bedroom. It feeds all three TV's and we can select the source at each TV. Have it fastened down with mega velcro, hasn't moved in 10K miles.
What connection did you use for the DVD player. No hdmi in cabinet above door.
Toricurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:30 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

Ours has two HDMI cables in the overhead cabinet, one marked "DVD" the other marked "Satellite". They were tucked down in the back of the cabinet where you really couldn't see them. I had to disconnect the two hanger cables that hold the door up to gain access to them.

What model Winnie do you have? There are wiring diagrams available on the Winnie web site where you can find the TV cabling for each model. May save you some time.

When you get on the page, scroll down mid page to the red text that says Manuals and Diagrams You'll find the links to get you to your model.

Here's the link,
https://winnebagoind.com/product-res...ct-information
Old 08-25-2019, 09:00 AM   #31
Winnebago Master

I see no provisions for DVD through HDMI to the back, so perhaps another method. I may have confused which RV but have you considered using coax to the back as it is what is provided, rather than HDMI. If running truly high, high quality , HDMI would be needed but I cannot detect any difference.
Part of the difficulty right now is the speed of changes being made in electronics and HDMI is not yet a really common things in all places.
For a quick easy look at what you have, this is the drawing which shows the HDMI on page four:
https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2018/000124819.pdf

HDMI only goes from the input plate straight to the big TV but the input to coax lets it go both places. Do DVD players have both HDMI and coax as alternates?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #32
Site Team

It's easy to send HDMI quality video (much better video quality to low definition via a coax cable) back to the bedroom TV from a living room blueray player.

You can do so wirelessly. Here's a link at an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Nyrius-Transm...dp/B07FPQJNTZ/

Blueray players cost what $60? Buy two and put one at each TV.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:46 AM   #33
Winnebago Watcher

Dvd

So hook the DVD player up to the back bedroom tv and you can still view it on the living room dvd and the outside tv? Sorry we just got it and are having a problem booking up the dvd and satellite. There is an hdmi cable by the living room tv but not in the cabinet above the door.
Old 08-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #34
Site Team

Toricurry, what year/model RV are you talking about? The original topic here is about a new Vista 29VE. You've just joined in, but have not let us know if you're discussing the same model.

Always good to put your RV info in your signature here, that way we all can know what RV you're asking questions about.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

29ve sunstar

Sorry it’s the 29ve sunstar which is identical to the vista 29ve. I will update my info.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toricurry View Post
So hook the DVD player up to the back bedroom tv and you can still view it on the living room dvd and the outside tv? Sorry we just got it and are having a problem booking up the dvd and satellite. There is an hdmi cable by the living room tv but not in the cabinet above the door.
This is where it becomes confusing if we are not into things full time as there are some things about using coax which are the same but also some things about HDMI which are different. Thinking of coax, it is what the cable, Dish and Direct TV use. HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface and if you have the correct TV at the end, it can give a better picture and sound. It is a later versions of the coding that digital does but it maker little difference if you are tying it to the standard TV which many RV have.
The difference is one of how much effort we might want to go to in getting a better picture than cable provides.
Cable TV quality is okay with my, just the content sucks so bad that I really would rather just go outside!
But when deciding how to connect things in an RV, using what is already wired in will often be much less difficult as running wire from the front to the back or even around in the cabinets is just much more difficult than simply string things in the house.
One of the big points will be how old each RV is as many of the electronics now considered necessary were not even marketed 5-10 years ago. HDMI can be better than cable but only if the TV and all the parts are up to the newer standards. But if you have a standard issue TV and standard issue speakers, you might as well go with standard issue cabling.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Thinking of coax, it is what the cable, Dish and Direct TV use.
Hey Morich, not really. SAT and Cable boxes (DVD and Blueray players, too) have almost all dropped the Coax RF TV output. In fact, on many you have to use an HDMI or Component adapter to Coax TV.

It's true that Digital Cable and SAT uses R59 coax to bring a digital signal inside to the set top box, but it's not the same as the RF Coax found on older TVs.

Here's an explanation from Techwalla:

Quote:
The bandwidth of coaxial cable makes it ideal for sending digital data from cable and satellite services to the decoder boxes inside the house. However, when a coaxial cable is used as an interconnect between the hardware and television, it forces audio and video over the single copper center conductor on the cable. This limits resolution to slightly over 300 lines, and audio to stereo.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:58 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

Surprised us too with our Vista. No CD/DVD inside. 5er we sold to get Vista had in-TV DVD. No such option with Vista TVs. Dealer told us Winnebago stopped including them because "everybody" now plugs in their smart phone with music/movie play lists. Wish they'd queried us before they said everybody.
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMac View Post
Dealer told us Winnebago stopped including them because "everybody" ....
The dealer will say anything. He has no idea why WBGO does or does not do anything. It's just their way of passing the buck onto someone else.

Other models come with DVD players. It's not some blanket plan because "everybody is doing something different." Some model Winnebago have DVD players and some don't. Your model, it seems, doesn't have one. Luckily, you can buy the latest Blueray player for as little as $50 now.