Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2006, 08:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cappy:
I received a call from the dealer 2/8 that they found more water damage. They asked that I come to the dealership so they can bring me up to date on the repairs. The floor of the exterior compartment was so saturated with water the plywood delaminated and has to be replaced because of water damage. The bed room floor also has water stains and the plywood has turned black in some areas areas. This damage was found after I refused the 1/31 repair because of wet carpet found in the bedroom at the time of pickup. They replaced a 2' section of plywood in the kitchen because of water damage. This confirms my fears of hidden water damage in the floor and walls and a possible mold problem. At this point I think Winnebago should replace the coach considering I only had the coach 4 days.
Cappy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
===============================

If you have had it 4 days and its falling apart from water damage I would be takeing it right back to the dealer!
The floors dont turn black in 4 days, and the partical board would not fall apart in 4 days!
Its been leaking for some time and if it already has mold it needs to go back in for exchange to a different unit.
Tell your bank or finance company to hold the money and not let it transfer over or to pull it back if it has already gone to their bank.
They can do that!
The dealer should make the unit good at his cost or billed to Winnebago or exchange it!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:01 AM   #22
Winnebago Watcher

Post such as these confirm my thoughts about QC as a whole in the RV industry. Until more stringent laws are passed to deal with this issue then we are fighting a losing battle. It seems to be a industry wide problem and not isolated to one manufacturer. TO bad there isn't a PAC dealing with this. If we had a nation wide organization the likes of AARP or the NRA we would have more political clout.