Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New owner questions 2013 Adv.- exterior TV removal, audio visual equipment, slides

Hi All
We are in process of purchasing a 2013 Adventurer 35P and I have some questions:
1) Audio Visual equipment - most of the original A/V equipment is missing (HDMI 4x4 Video Switch and sub boxes, DVD/Blueray - Home Theater box). From what I've read the HDMI box has been a problem for some. Rather than replacing it in kind, I was thinking of either manually switching coax inputs to whatever device or purchasing a coax video control center like the one Quest makes. I think I can see/find coax cables going to each TV so I'd use those rather than the HDMI Video Switch Box and the cat6 cables. Has anyone done this or have suggestions.
DVD/Blueray Home Theater box - I was thinking of just putting in a blueray player and just using a soundbar or installing a separate home theatre control centre. Anyone have comments on this?
2) Exterior TV removal - I want to see/access the back of this TV to see how/what wires are connected so I can hook up a coax cable instead of the cat6 cable method. How do I remove the TV on its mount? Is there a release or just lift up?
3) Slide problems - I've read that some owners have had Schwintek slide problems and I just went through this on our current 2013 Thor Daybreak 32H that we're trading in. What can you do to prevent these problems?
Thank you in advance. John
Jade East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome!

I'm about to take delivery of my used motorhome this week so I'm not experienced enough to answer your question.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, slide, audio