Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New owner.

I'm a bit of a newbie with motorhomes but have had pull behinds for a while. I just picked up a 2008 Winnebago Journey 39z this week and am going through all the little details and figuring everything out. Have a few things I need some help on.

1. Ceiling light circuit. All of a sudden the ceiling lights in the main living area won't turn on. I checked all the 12v breakers, both house and chasis. All good.

My next assumption was a bad switch, i've had them go bad in a camper. I pulled the switch, it's a 2 gang (or whatever you call it in this application). The accent lighting switch works. The ceiling doesn't. Tested the leads and got 12.3v on the accent light, but no voltage on the ceiling. I didn't think to test the switch for continuity with it out, but since i got no voltage i guess it doesn't matter.

Where do i go next?

2. Speaking of ceiling lights. What the heck kind of bulbs are these?

I'm working on switching to LED's and don't know what to call these to search for.

3. What about this bulb? Its in the reading lamps throughout the coach.

4. The coach came with a remote lock/unlock for the door and cargo hatches. Checked the breakers. Good. Replaced remote battery. Neither the remote or the switch when coming in door do anything. Any ideas?

5. A piece of the corian cooktop cover is broken off. I have the piece. Any suggestions on adhesive to re-attach it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You might want to re-post your electrical questions in the forum dedicated to such issues. In the meantime, Winnebago wiring diagrams are available here:

Wiring Diagrams

Is there any chance the ceiling light is controlled by two switches (three-way circuit)? If so, there could be an issue at the other switch.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

For the corian chip use super glue....worked on glueing my corian sink cover back together
Old 04-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll post up in electrical.
ACDNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The dome light is a G-4 Halogen. They can be replaced by G-4 LED. If you decide on the LED get one that is 5000kevin bright white. I originally went with soft/warm white at about 3000 k and DW was not happy so I swapped them out.

Here is there web page on bulbs: Mini In The Box

My package of 10 was less than $10.

If you look at he base of the other one it should tell you what it is. You'll also find it at Mini but if you only need one or two most camping stores, (CW)will have it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote