Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New owner 2002 Ultimate Freedom

Got the new (to us) coach home yesterday after some last minute repairs at the dealer. Spent today loading and checking everything out.

In the process of sanitizing the fresh water system I discovered a small tube sticking out just in front of the water pump bay. I could not get water to stop flowing from this tube. It is NOT coming from the water pump area -there is another tube extending below that bay fed by a valve on the outlet of the water pump.

I am assuming this tube is the fresh water tank drain line but I sure would like some verification. There is a "T" handle on the opposite (street) side in the "water" bay that is labeled "water tank". Is this handle connected to a valve somewhere inside that is connected to this mysterious tube?

Appreciate any feedback other owners may have. Sure like the coach!!!!

lenp
lenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I don't have an UF but that is the case in my Journey of similar vintage.

Nick
traveler of california is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If you go here Plumbing Diagrams you should be able to select your model and get the complete plumbing diagram for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

On the curb side below the water pump is the low point drain. The valve is a 1/4 turn plastic valve.......I think that's the tube you see dumping water. The tank drain is behind the rear wheels and about 3' towards the centerline from the curb side.......it's about 1 1/4" tube and is controlled by the drain handle in the wet bay.
HOpe this helps you.

The tank drain valve is cable controlled (on edit)
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Mine is like KIX's. How about pulling the fresh dump valve with water in the tank and seeing if it dumps somewhere else? Another thought ...is the refrigerator above that draining tube? The drain pan behind the fridge has an outlet to the underside of the coach on mine ...pull the outside fridge inspection panel and see if the pan has water in it. I'd so, it would likely be ice maker line leaking.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Many thanks

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I will be back out there this morning and see what I can find.

thanks again,

Lenp
Old 03-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Ice Maker

I think will will find that it's the ice maker drain as our 2000 UA 40J drips from this tube, it's next to the battery compartment and why it's in this location who knows.
tbethurum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

thanks

Once again thanks to all.

Indeed the drain forward of the pump compartment was the ice maker/frig drain. I had put water to it not realizing the ice maker hose in the rear of the frig was disconnected - lots of water!

Did get the fresh water drain to work. Cable was not opening the valve but after a few tries it worked. Also located the overflow tubes- just hadn't filled the tank enough for it to overflow.

The previous owner had bypassed the accumulator tank. I hooked it back up and soon discovered why - BIG split in the tank - must have froze it up sometime. Oh well, didn't need one anyway.

Now on to more questions.............
Looked for the CB wiring "under the dash to the left of the steering column" and cannot find anything that resembles a coax for the antenna or power leads. Any suggestions???

Also, the satellite dish on the roof is not compatible with Dish HD so plan to use a tripod instead (like I have been doing for the last 13 years with our fifth wheel. Anybody wired for an external dish? How did you run the coax?

It appears there is a cable run up the side of the windshield that I could fish a cable through but thought I would ask others first.

Basically we are all set for a week in southern Oregon next week - just food and cloths to go in now. Really looking forward to the trip.

Thanks again for everyone help,

Lenp
Old 03-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Trip

Have a nice trip I will look under my dash to see the CB hook up hope you enjoy the UF as we enjoy our UA 40J we purchased it three years ago very few problems purchased on ebay on a no reserve auction out of Texas currently we are parked at the Salton Sea as camp volunteers.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Progress

Found the CB connections - behind the kick panel lower left of steering column.

Still looking for ideas on routing satellite coax into the overhead area.

Found a new problem this morning. Bedroom slide will not come in. Can't find any loose connections around the pump. Owners manual says check fuses #16 and #24 (Step alarm and radio respectfully. I cannot find either of these fuses - any ideas????

Dealer is sending a tech out tomorrow - hopefully he can figure it out.

Lenp
Old 03-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Hope this helps

Contact HWH on the slide you may have a bad solenoid you can turn the knob on the top of the solenoid and your slide will retract but call HWN first.

Your dish may be able to get both dish or direct if it's a winegard.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

update again!

Actually drove the coach to the dealer this morning - not very far.

Low and behold - the slide worked when the tech tried it! After 3-4 flips of the switch it failed again - big sigh of relief from me! tech worked on it for nearly four hours. The solenoid was not getting 12 volts. After he cleaned virtually all of the connections on the solenoids it seemed to work great. Many cycles in and out without any sign of failure.

Brought it home and, sure enough, slide would not go out. Crawled under the rig myself and started probing with a meter while DW kept flipping the switch. After many probes and many flips of the switch, it began to work again! At least I now know which terminal on which solenoid is supposed to have power.

Now down to either the switch or the one of two wires going from solenoid to the switch (battery or switched battery). Replaced the switch this afternoon with a similar (electrically but not physically) so we will run for a while and see what happens.

Will say one thing for the dealer's service folks - they are doing all they can to make sure I am happy with the unit. Shout out to Big Country RV in Redmond, Oregon.

Oh, got the CB hooked up today also.

Only thing I wish it had is a AUX air fitting. Would have thought a coach like this would have came stock with one. Will have to find an air line and put one in.

Thanks to all who have made suggestions.

Lenp
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

We used a portable dish for Dish network for several years ...used the catv in port in the electric bay to enter the coach, then used DishPlus separator behind the overhead switch box to split the signal to the Dish box and the catv input. It's been several years and it is no longer set up that way since we installed a roof-top two-lnb dish.

Ultimates normally have an air connection up front inside the generator access area ...might be it was not there on 02 models...
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

You can always call the factory rep, have your serial number available. You should in any case register yourself as a second owner as recalls are always comming in. Might consider joining WIT as well. Look on this forum for the details. Welcome to the world of motorhoming.

Don G. WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

lenp, On my previous coach (2003 Journey DL) I ran a cable for a tripod dish from the sat compartment (left overhead) behind the windshield trim, down behind the a-pillar trim, through the floor near the steering column, and into the forward DS bay.

Only about 3 inches of the white cable was visible between the back of the cabinet and where it entered the windshield trim through a small notch.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Thanks

Thanks once again for all the assistance.

We are off on our shakedown cruise tomorrow - hope all goes well.

Lenp
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Just an FYI on operating slides and jacks...Make sure that the engine is running to insure full voltage to the pump motor ....Makes a big difference especially if your batteries are older....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote