Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello All. Just purchased a new to us 1999 Winn Brave SE. It was suggested that I make a post here from my Newbe Rookie post. You all have some great ideas and offer some great tech help. I will be asking some questions as I go through our Brave SE. Be safe..
Old 09-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello All. Just purchased a new to us 1999 Winn Brave SE. It was suggested that I make a post here from my Newbe Rookie post. You all have some great ideas and offer some great tech help. I will be asking some questions as I go through our Brave SE. Be safe..
Old 09-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Congrats on the new purchase. Nice unit. Wish you all the best.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You will like the Brave. We have a 35' Brave with the F53 chassis and really like it.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Hilley:
You will like the Brave. We have a 35' Brave with the F53 chassis and really like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the warm welcome. While we are Rookies (to MH) I have been camping since I was a kid. My folks had many different RV's. The Brave I just purchased seemed almost to good to be true which is why I am going through it with a fine tooth comb. I found it on e-bay, located just 300 mi from me. I went to take a look at it and though it would be a good purchase. It has 10,500mi on it, 313 hrs on the genset. Yea it need a little care, but its basically clean with the exception of some roof need which I can do.

So the bottom line, I hope I made the right decision.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:25 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Good for you on your decision. Hope you have safe trips and happy camping.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Congrats & Welcome aboard!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Welcome.

Our first two Winnebagos were Braves and neither of them was ever in the shop except for routine stuff. Great coaches. Happy and safe travels
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Savannah:
Welcome.

Our first two Winnebagos were Braves and neither of them was ever in the shop except for routine stuff. Great coaches. Happy and safe travels </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are right. While I knew when I purchased it it would need a little work, I think overall it will do just fine. Here's a pic:

Old 09-29-2008, 03:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

justdinken: Sure like the simplicity of your coaches graphics. I am not a fan of excessive graphics. I have a Suncruiser and it is loaded with them. Happy RV'g.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
justdinken: Sure like the simplicity of your coaches graphics. I am not a fan of excessive graphics. I have a Suncruiser and it is loaded with them. Happy RV'g. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Motorhome graphics should have a button like a computer keyboard: DELETE!

I checked to see what it would cost to have my graphics removed and the MH painted in full-body paint: over $10,000. Don't think that's gonna happen!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have a 31' Brave SE that looks identical to yours!

I have had very few issues with it, but the next MH I purchase will have a few features that the SE doesn't have.

First, leveling jacks!
Second, GenSet on the DRIVERS side of the coach
Third, SLIDES.

I love the one I have, its been very reliable and outside of a couple leaks in the plumbing, one in the roof, and the Converter dying, I haven't had any issues.

I've put almost 10K miles on it in the 1 1/2 years I've had it and the only real complaint I have is the handling...when the funds become available, I'll put a track bar on it.

Overall I've averaged right around 8MPG for the 10k miles.

P32 Workhorse chassis
RocketDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Nice Looking Unit! It showes you have great tast. I agree with the NEXT coach and features, even though I have not had it a month, I can see that those items would be really nice. On the upside, I only paid 13,500 so I am going to put a little into it. You know, new tires, LCD, redo the floor and some other upgrades.

This unit had an awning on it, but someone took it off so that will be one of the items on my list. Because we work full time, most of my work will be done this fall and winter and to get in in tip-top shape for next spring.

Thanks, Justdinken
Old 09-30-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Welcome to the forum!

Our first coach was a 29ft Brave SE. We had a wonderful time with it and it never skipped a beat. Handled well, plenty of storage, and the quality led us to purchase other Winnebago products later on. Congratulations on your purchase and enjoy your travels.