Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Need help with the '06 Itasca Meridian Brochure

Ladies and Gents,
A friend is in the process of purchasing an '06 Itasca Meridian, 36G with the 330 CAT. He's new at this and I thought I'd get onto the sticky section here with the Winne and Itasca brochures and print one out. Do any of you have an '06 Itasca Meridian and have looked at the brochure here on online? If you have, you'll notice that the brochure has some serious problems. Each page is turned either 90 or, 180 degrees.

So, while you're looking through the brochure, you have to turn your computer sideways or upside down to view the pictures and read the stats. Now, first off, I have no idea how that particular brochure was setup like that since most of the other ones I've checked out are normal. Second, I've tried to take the pages, one by one and copy them and paste them to Microsoft Word and alter them so they appear normal. Man, that takes some serious time and, it doesn't always come out right and, it screws up quite often.

So, to you computer wizards out there, how would I do that in a more simpler mannor? Maybe I'll try it in "Paint" and see if that works. Thanks for whatever help you can send me here.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
KIX
Winnebago Master

you can go to winnebagoind.com, clik Resources, Itasca, Request a Brochure, select year then model. They are pdf files you can d/l
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi Scott. I have an 06 Meridian 36G. I don't have any original brochures but I have all of the manuals, etc. that came with it. If I can be of any assistance, let me know. My email is [email protected]. Incidentally, mine has the 350 Cat. I don't know if that was an option or if they all came with that.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Whoever scanned that one was having a bad day! I like page 11 which includes a picture of the lid of the scanner!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure about earlier versions, but in Adobe Reader XI you can rotate the view clockwise or counter-clockwise. So just open up the pdf file twice--in one copy rotate the view clockwise and in the other rotate it counter-clockwise. To read it just switch between the windows to find the one with the page in the upright position.

On edit: You may need to make a copy of the pdf in order to get two copies open a the same time.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Scott, I have a like new 2006 Journey brochure. It is almost the same as the Meridian except for interior, and exterior colors. If you would like it, I would be happy to send it to you. Just PM me with your address or I can scan it and E-Mail it to you. Also my wife would like to know where you guys bought your loveable new Schnauzer pup "Sophie"

Sammie (Steve)
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Scott, I have a like new 2006 Journey brochure. It is almost the same as the Meridian except for interior, and exterior colors. If you would like it, I would be happy to send it to you. Just PM me with your address or I can scan it and E-Mail it to you. Also my wife would like to know where you guys bought your loveable new Schnauzer pup "Sophie"

Sammie (Steve)
Steve,
Our buddy is the one that's purchasing the Meridian and, I was just looking to print the one up that's online here so we could see what he's getting into. But, as anyone can see, that brochure is really goofed up and, some of the important stuff like paint colors etc are not even there. So, a Journey one would not help me in this matter. I surely appreciate your intended effort though. It's very much appreciated.

And, as far as the little "Sofie" dog, she's at present, doing NASCAR laps around the house, living room and more. I think she's trying to get the world to spin in the opposite direction. She was a "One-off" type situation. We got her from a family in a tiny, two room apartment, east of San Diego in El Cajon. I'm going to PM you about another one.
Scott
Old 01-30-2013, 04:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

2006 Itasca Meridian 36 (diesel pusher)

We just put ours up for sale. There is a picture of the outside, but none of the inside. Perhaps it would help your friend to see the paint.. it's in the classified section.

Bob and Vicki
Bob and Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #9

Scott, you can use a PDF merging tool to reconstruct that entire brochure. What you'd need to do is to copy each page of the brochure to a separate PDF page in the correct orientation. Putting them all in separate folder would be the easiest way to keep track of the individual PDF pages. Once you've copied each page in the proper orientation, then merge all the pages in the correct order so that an entirely new PDF is created containing the brochure.

If I have time in the next few days, I'll do it for you but if you have the time to fool with it, it should take maybe 15 minutes or so? I use Foxit for a PDF reader and there are several PDF merging tools out there but the one that I like is "silkodyssey PDF Merge." It's simple to use. Much more so than the others I've seen. You can download it safely and for free at Cnet: click here.

However, if you are going to print it out for your friend, you'll have to print each page separately anyway, correct? If you just reorient each page as you print them, they can be arranged in the proper order and orientation just before you staple or clip them together.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_h View Post
Scott, you can use a PDF merging tool to reconstruct that entire brochure. What you'd need to do is to copy each page of the brochure to a separate PDF page in the correct orientation. Putting them all in separate folder would be the easiest way to keep track of the individual PDF pages. Once you've copied each page in the proper orientation, then merge all the pages in the correct order so that an entirely new PDF is created containing the brochure.

If I have time in the next few days, I'll do it for you but if you have the time to fool with it, it should take maybe 15 minutes or so? I use Foxit for a PDF reader and there are several PDF merging tools out there but the one that I like is "silkodyssey PDF Merge." It's simple to use. Much more so than the others I've seen. You can download it safely and for free at Cnet: click here.

However, if you are going to print it out for your friend, you'll have to print each page separately anyway, correct? If you just reorient each page as you print them, they can be arranged in the proper order and orientation just before you staple or clip them together.

-harry
Harry,
I certainly want to thank you for taking the time to assist me in this situation. I'm not the most computer savy person on this planet so, using your instructions, It will take me a bit. But, I'll give it a try. Thanks again.
Scott
Old 02-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #11

I've finished reconfiguring the 2006 Itasca Meridian brochure from the one posted on the Winnebago site that was scanned by somebody who wasn't taking the time to correctly orient the pages.

I failed to mention in my previous post that in order to copy and reconfigure each page, you'll have to use a PDF writer in addition to the silkodyssey PDF Merge tool. I use the Cute PDF Writer which is also freeware and can be safely downloaded at Cnet - click here

For those of you who haven't used a PDF writer, it really comes in handy for creating PDF files from any document or webpage. I strongly urge and recommend having it available on your computer. I comes in handy for lots of things.

So, again, what I used is 1) the Foxit PDF reader (I believe the current Adobe can do most of the same things but I don't know as I haven't used the Adobe reader that most use for several years now), 2) the Cute PDF Writer, and 3) the Silkodyssey PDF Merge.

Scott, the only page I couldn't get to be read "right side up" is the "Interior Decor" page which I had trouble copying in a "portrait" position.

The file is too big to be attached to this post so I'll send you a PM and if you'd like to give us an e-mail address, we will send it to you as an attachment.

Anybody else who wants to see the reconfigured brochure, send us a PM with an e-mail address.

-harry
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca