Old 10-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Joe, I agree with your concern about Winnebago quality control. I continue to believe that their design, engineering, and materials are superior to most. However, I pointed out what I thought was a pattern of the dealers to either having to complete assembly or rebuild the coaches a while back. My advice to potential buyers is that if you do not have confidence that your dealer can complete construction, do not buy one. I have a 2016 Vista 30T for which the 1 year warranty has expired and I have my fingers crossed. I only had about a half dozen deficiencies on my punch list, but one was serious. I saw significant gaps in the seals for all 3 slides. My dealer spent a day resetting all the slides. I am planning on the 30T being my last coach. We love the design and performance. I hope that your dealer has satisfactorily rebuilt your coach and that you can enjoy it for many years.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:31 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfbundy View Post
Joe, I agree with your concern about Winnebago quality control. I continue to believe that their design, engineering, and materials are superior to most. However, I pointed out what I thought was a pattern of the dealers to either having to complete assembly or rebuild the coaches a while back. My advice to potential buyers is that if you do not have confidence that your dealer can complete construction, do not buy one. I have a 2016 Vista 30T for which the 1 year warranty has expired and I have my fingers crossed. I only had about a half dozen deficiencies on my punch list, but one was serious. I saw significant gaps in the seals for all 3 slides. My dealer spent a day resetting all the slides. I am planning on the 30T being my last coach. We love the design and performance. I hope that your dealer has satisfactorily rebuilt your coach and that you can enjoy it for many years.

You make a very good point. I have been fortunate with my dealer- but unfortunately it keeps on breaking LOL. My case was a bit different- in both slide ram failures the incidents were sudden catastrophic failures. One occurred the first week of ownership without any visual manifestation, the second after about 6 months- also with no visual indication of impending failure. Both turned out to be poor quality ram component material issues.

You are soooo right about design! We love the design and it is our dream coach. I think we are fortunate that we live in an era when computer assisted design can allow designers to get it all but perfect on a computer before the build. Thats wonderful and WBGO does a good job on that front.

Wishing you the very vest with your 2016 Vista!!!
Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, vent