Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Maiden Voyage issues

Well things were great until we go to the electronics testing. Seems every RV I've had there were issues with some of the electronics. During our walk-through I was me told the DVD player for the main TV was the Jenson radio. Well the DVD plays the rough the speakers but doesn't go to the main TV. When I look at source on the TV nothing is highlighted to select other than TV. I attached a DVD player directly and it works fine. Any thoughts other than going back to dealer?

Number two is how do you hook a portable satellite to the TV. I know the the dish hooks up outside, but where does the receiver get plugged into to get to the main TV? I was told it goes over the drivers side which I see the hookups but no hdmi. He said me to plug it in and it will go the main TV. Before I go through all of this I thought I would ask since the DVD didn't work.

I know this is long sorry for that.
Bill.gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hi and welcome to the forum. It takes a while to get the bugs worked out of a new coach.

Do you have a "box with many buttons" which selects the source for each TV? This is usually how you select what signal is being fed to which monitor.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Bill.gonervn, go to sheet 10 (page 11) in this drawing set
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_180921.pdf
Should be a composite video cable in the sat receiver compartment that connects the sat receiver to the TV via composite video.
Now the radio DVD player, the video and audio from the radio/DVD goes to a composite video to hdmi converter then to the TV. The converter has a power supply make sure it is plugged in.
That is my best guess not know for sure what options you have.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Grant. Update: well the direct tv works but the picture is bad. I have was thinking it was because the box was hooked up with all of the component type wires versus and hdmi cable, but not sure. The electronic wiring ism out of my comfort zone to say the least.

There is no place to switch Componets. The tv does an auto select if it detects a device then you can select it. Have to look into the DVD more.
Bill.gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Make sure when you are on SAT that your off the air amplifier is off. It's usually in the overhead compartment. Little black box with an LED and on/off switch. If your on SAT or cable with the amp on you get a snowy picture. You can turn it on and off to see the affect.
bz_ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

If those are your only issues celebrate
Old 08-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

It seems like most coaches have their "quirks", as long as their minor....
Good luck and Happy Trails!!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bz_ny View Post
Make sure when you are on SAT that your off the air amplifier is off. It's usually in the overhead compartment. Little black box with an LED and on/off switch. If your on SAT or cable with the amp on you get a snowy picture. You can turn it on and off to see the affect.
Good point. I've had our unit for four years and I still forgot to turn off the over the air antenna amplifier last week on a trip while on satellite. The bad snowy picture immediately let me know to turn off the antenna amplifier!

To address the original poster's question about HDMI cables to the TV; my unit has component cables from the receiver to the TV. I have a Dish HD receiver and HD TV and the picture is perfect. HDMI won't give any better picture.

To address the original poster's other question, the DVD player puts the sound out through three sets of speakers that are selectable on the front of the DVD player. One set is the dash speakers, one set the living area speakers and one set is the bedroom speakers. When watching a DVD the sound will also come out through the TV speakers but the TV sound level has to be turned up really high to hear it.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

bz_ny, I don't understand how the OTA amp can affect your picture while watching video from the Satellite receiver. On our coaches the satellite receiver connects to the video switch with hdmi cables. The coax from the OTA antenna and the coax from the park cable feed go the the OTA amp, the amp must be off for the park cable feed to pass through, and connect to the RF input on the back of the TV.
aauummm, on your coach looks like the Satellite RF output in connected to the park cable coax then to the OTE amp which like you said must be off to pass through.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
bz_ny, I don't understand how the OTA amp can affect your picture while watching video from the Satellite receiver. On our coaches the satellite receiver connects to the video switch with hdmi cables. The coax from the OTA antenna and the coax from the park cable feed go the the OTA amp, the amp must be off for the park cable feed to pass through, and connect to the RF input on the back of the TV.
aauummm, on your coach looks like the Satellite RF output in connected to the park cable coax then to the OTE amp which like you said must be off to pass through.
Yep, you're right about the satellite RF output.

In addition, I have no video switch. My satellite receiver connects directly to the connections on the compartment wall.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voyage