Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Ladder Storage in 99 Chieftain 35U

Can anyone tell me the storage place for the lower ladder. I just realized that I should have a lower ladder and went searching for it and cannot find it. I would think it would be in one of the compartments if it there. Anyone know where the factory put them.
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner
 
Steve N Sal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 108
If it's not in a lower compartment, well someone else must have it. Did you buy from a dealer or private individual. Whoever I would contact them to find out where it might be.
__________________
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Michigan (Winter For Now)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
If it's not in a lower compartment, well someone else must have it. Did you buy from a dealer or private individual. Whoever I would contact them to find out where it might be.
I purchased it from a dealer 1000 miles away in the US...I am in Canada. The owners manual doesnt say where it was stored so I wanted to make sure I wasnt overlooking the hiding place before I contact the seller.
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Winnebago Master
 
DAN L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvettec3 View Post
I purchased it from a dealer 1000 miles away in the US...I am in Canada. The owners manual doesnt say where it was stored so I wanted to make sure I wasnt overlooking the hiding place before I contact the seller.
my lower ladder extension was stored under the bed when i bought my moho used in 2006 with 7800 miles on it. it was still wrapped with paper packing. imho is is not very useful.
__________________
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
my lower ladder extension was stored under the bed when i bought my moho used in 2006 with 7800 miles on it. it was still wrapped with paper packing. imho is is not very useful.
Well, I searched the moho again and did not find the lower ladder but I did find the brand new coffee table that was shipped with the Winnebago when it was new. It was under the sofa still wrapped and never assembled.
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Itasca Meridian 36G
 
gewilli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chelan, WA
Posts: 44
My 2005 Meridian stored the ladder on the ceiling of an outside storage bay, so you had to bend down and look up to see it. It was attached with a couple of clamps, I opted to move it to under the bed to make for more storage in the bay.

good luck.
__________________
GEWilli
2005 Itasca Meridian 36G
gewilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewilli View Post
My 2005 Meridian stored the ladder on the ceiling of an outside storage bay, so you had to bend down and look up to see it. It was attached with a couple of clamps, I opted to move it to under the bed to make for more storage in the bay.

good luck.
OK, I will make another search and hopefully it is tied overhead in one of the compartments. I cant imagine why anyone would want to remove it as it would be a pretty useless.
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner
 
Patrol 65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 80
The lower ladder for my Chieftain was also missing when I purchased my motorhome from a dealer. This is what I found when I inquired from the Winnebago parts link at the beginning of the forum page:

Lower ladder: 130163-02-01A $232.53

____________www.WINNEBAGOPARTS.com______________
"Parts for your Winnebago is our only business!"
Call us for personal service at 800-933-7742 M-F
8AM-5PM central time.....641-896-2222 outside USA
Renault/LeSharo technical assistance 641-896-2222
Mastercard, Visa & Discover..........UPS, FedEX
MOBILITY R.V., INC. HANLONTOWN, IOWA 50444
__________________
Nathan and Linda, 2000 Winnebago Chieftain 35U, F53 Chassis, Banks Power Pack
Patrol 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol 65 View Post
The lower ladder for my Chieftain was also missing when I purchased my motorhome from a dealer. This is what I found when I inquired from the Winnebago parts link at the beginning of the forum page:

Lower ladder: 130163-02-01A $232.53

____________www.WINNEBAGOPARTS.com______________
"Parts for your Winnebago is our only business!"
Call us for personal service at 800-933-7742 M-F
8AM-5PM central time.....641-896-2222 outside USA
Renault/LeSharo technical assistance 641-896-2222
Mastercard, Visa & Discover..........UPS, FedEX
MOBILITY R.V., INC. HANLONTOWN, IOWA 50444
Looks like they don't give those parts away does it
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corona, Ca.
Posts: 19
If you can't locate it I would buy the 5' collapsable ladder advertized on Camper World. I just purchased one and love it, great for washing the rig and cleaning the windows and stores very well. Check it out.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner
 
corvettec3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentville, NS
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabfado View Post
If you can't locate it I would buy the 5' collapsable ladder advertized on Camper World. I just purchased one and love it, great for washing the rig and cleaning the windows and stores very well. Check it out.
Thanks, I will check it out.
__________________
_______________________________________
Binnie, Wanda & Yasper (Labradoodle)
1999 Winnebago Chieftain 35U F53 Chassis V10
Towing 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
corvettec3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
storage


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacing carpet in 99 Chieftain 35U hayesjs615 General Maintenance and Repair 11 07-27-2019 11:29 AM
Hauling porteboat on ladder Motorhome05 Winnebago General Discussions 8 04-12-2005 05:37 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Winnebago Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×