Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Journey vs Journey SE

I am looking ateither a 2005 Journey 36G and a 2006 Journey SE 36G and can't find anything that makes them different. I have looked at the brochures for each. Can anyone that has one tell what the differences are?
wendyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have an 05 36g, I looked at an SE this year at Quartzite. It had the smaller engine and transmission and basically appeared to have less options such as no aluminum wheels, no inverter etc. You may have been able to order it at any trim level at the time. Have a good look at the differences.
wclogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I noticed the smaller engine, different tranny and no power awnings. I wonder if any of the hidden items are the lower cost option.
wendyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2006 Journey 36gSE. The SE stands for special edition. The same question you ask was asked by another poster in August of 2010 and the posted reply came from Winnebago.

"OK-here's the answer direct from Winnebago:
I was informed by Wanda Hill in Customer Relations Dept. that the only difference was that Special Edition coaches are built with different fabric choices that standard coaches, and are offered for a limited time only. Other than that, they are identical coaches as far as options etc. Hope this clarifies the issue!!"

My coach has a 300 hp Cummins ISB with a 5 speed Allision. As an option, it could have been equipped with a 350 hp Cat and a 6 speed Allision. Both have the same 7.5KW generators, inverter/chargers, TV's, electronics, appliances, and cabinetry.

Power awnings were optional along with a laundry list of other available creature features. It all depended on how it was ordered by the dealer or speculation built at the factory.

Dan
Pelledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 01:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

My neighbor has one. No full body paint, Smaller engine, no leather, no painted or chromed mirrors, I don't think there wasn't an inverter, lots of options to get the price point down. He has 3 kids, so all the fancy interior missing was good for them

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I previously owned a 2006 Meridian 36 SE. About the same as the Journey SE. I believe all SE's had full body paint, though not as busy of paint schemes as some.
These models aren't that short of refinements either. Most had leatherette seats. Same Audio visual package, 4 door fridge. My Meridian also had docking lights, larger water pump and nickel plated lighting and pulls. Same exact cabinets as the standard models. Same carpet, tile etc. It was WGO way to use up extra chassis with the smaller USB engine. The price point was a bargain. With a retail of only $170k, I picked up mine for $122k 6 months old with 5k miles. I enjoyed it for 4 years and 30k miles. I think they are a bargain.

Dave
Shuffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Mebbe it is paint, I didn't look closely, but the entire coach is gas meter grey. This one has very simple decals. It's still a Meridian/ Journey

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

My coach, a 2006 Journey 36G (not an SE version) had a base price of $165,266. The upgrade to the CAT 350 engine and 6 speed Allison transmission was a $14,609 option. Full body paint was a $7,700 option as well. My coach had a total of $41,328 in options, delivery charge of $725 for a total invoice price of $207,319. It was built in May 2005 and I bought it new in March of 2006 for $153,000. The salesman later told me that they accepted my offer as it had been the only one anyone had ever made to buy this particular coach. We still own the coach today. We had a number of issues taken care during the first year since the coach had sat for some time before we purchased it. Over the years we have upgraded the satellite dish to the new Winegard Traveler and changed out the 4 door Norcold to the residential Samsung RF197. We have found it to be a great two person motor home - not too small, comfortable to drive 500 miles a day (we go to a number of races and are still working) and have averaged 8.5 mpg over the years.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey