Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Don't know if these pictures will show up when I post this. If not maybe someone can post them for me. They are in the photo section under Florida Guy. Just finished installing 26" LCD HDTV to replace the OLD RCA overhead. It was a little bit of work but worth it. The picture is great and a BIG difference in sound quality from the winnebago installed surround sound. Our Journey had no backsplash in the vanity area so a little tile work made it look better. Got carried away with tile job and continued that into the bathroom area.

See that the pictures did go through, although pretty small. For those interested, there are more (and bigger) pictures in the photo section under Florida Guy.

2003 Honda Element (toad)
Florida Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Don't know if these pictures will show up when I post this. If not maybe someone can post them for me. They are in the photo section under Florida Guy. Just finished installing 26" LCD HDTV to replace the OLD RCA overhead. It was a little bit of work but worth it. The picture is great and a BIG difference in sound quality from the winnebago installed surround sound. Our Journey had no backsplash in the vanity area so a little tile work made it look better. Got carried away with tile job and continued that into the bathroom area.

See that the pictures did go through, although pretty small. For those interested, there are more (and bigger) pictures in the photo section under Florida Guy.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Wow, some of the nicest upgrades Ive seen!

Do you have HD satellite??
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 04:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Really like the upgrades...outstanding. I have been doing similar 'dress-up' inside our rig and wanted to do a back-splash around the galley and bath vanity. Did you have to do any 'prep' to the wallboard to ensure the tile would stick well?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

No I don't plan on getting HDTV Sat, but from what I understand, you don't need a HDTV attenna to receive HDTV from over the air stations that broadcast in HDTV. I know the picture I get from over the air stations is fantastic. Can't believe it could be much better.

No prep to install the tile. I used dabs of liquid nails adhesive on the back of each tile and it works great. Just don't plan on taking the tiles off without damage to the walls. When the tiles are set, just grout like a normal tile job. Very easy to do, low cost and adds a much higher end look.

Thanks for the compliments.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Looks great! I'm curious about the TV. I've thought about doing that and using the cabinet behind it for light storage. ...how did you mount it? ...and can you swing it out for access to the now empty cabinet behind it?
Old 09-15-2006, 05:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

No it's hard mounted. I bought a stationary wall mount for LCD TV's at Wall Mart. I believe the brand name is Orbital. Cost $11. From there I fabricated inch and a half angle iron, and bolted the angle iron to the the wall mount. Welded 'wings' to the angle iron and bolted (8 bolts) the wings to the existing metal structure. I slotted the area to be bolted to allow adjustments for height and angle to ensure it fits within an eigth of an inch of the wood frame. The TV does not touch the wood frame. Made some small wood blocks and placed under the TV, inside the frame, just to give it a little extra support for those hard bumps down the road. Whats nice about these high end TV's, there are numerous ways to hook up the inputs. I used component video cables for the Sat Dish. Audio out to the existing surround sound, and from the TV menu turned off the TV speakers where all the sound is now from surround sound. Works great.