Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Is anyone having trouble with the wiper seal on the bottom of the rear slide?

My seal seems to get pinched between the bottom of the slide and the opening and then the seal does not seal well.
Demoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Is anyone having trouble with the wiper seal on the bottom of the rear slide?

My seal seems to get pinched between the bottom of the slide and the opening and then the seal does not seal well.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:04 PM   #3

There have been a number of Winnebago Coach owners complaining about that. Have you talked with Customer Relations 1-800-537-1885? The big question, are you still under warranty, I sure hope so.

Tomcat F15
"It's a sad day in RV Land, when the manufacture only issues a short 12 month warranty."
Old 12-28-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Tomcat, whats the real story and fix about this seal? I don't like the question about the warranty, now I'm worried.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 AM   #5

I can only assume that you have a Winnebago Journey, that only has a 12 month warranty for the item in mention, unless you have documentation indicating that you've had problems with that seal before. If not, that job "can be" labor intensive and they charge an arm & a leg for the seal.

I don't know if there is a story behind it, but it's not an uncommon problem and it's not wide spread either. It's just one of the items that can cause more stress, when it's not necessary.

Tomcat F15
Old 12-29-2004, 05:38 AM   #6
Jim
Winnebago Owner

several weeks after i took delivery the bedroom bottom seal came loose..problem was there was only about a half inch gap and the factory could not force the seal in..i took it back to the dealer and they put a new seal in but it also came loose immediately..to fix it i had to raise the slide about 3/4 inch...put a new seal on...then secured the whole length with strips of metal..that was 3 years ago and it is still holding..by raising the slide the decal stripes don't match but i can live with that..also had a leak around the bottom corners but i don't know if raising it was the cause..i caulked everything and stopped the leak..jim..
Old 01-02-2005, 12:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have had the seal replaced on the kitchen slide. But it is coming off agan. Need to go back for more service.