Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 05, 36 ft Journey, just arrived at Branson after camping for the past week with 30 amp. Presently have 50 amp. After being on shore power for approx 30 min TV went off. Deminsions control panel red light showed read display. Found Inverter off, turned it on and tv came back on with battery showing 11.9 volts battery now showing 11 volts and if I shut off inverter I lose all power in coach. Any suggestions? Am I losing inverter?
Ron Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 05, 36 ft Journey, just arrived at Branson after camping for the past week with 30 amp. Presently have 50 amp. After being on shore power for approx 30 min TV went off. Deminsions control panel red light showed read display. Found Inverter off, turned it on and tv came back on with battery showing 11.9 volts battery now showing 11 volts and if I shut off inverter I lose all power in coach. Any suggestions? Am I losing inverter?
Ron Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Ron,
Are you sure the power is on at the pedestal? If so check all the circuit breaker in you coach are on. From your description, it sounds like you aren't getting power to the coach.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I am here in Branson with Ron, the power management pannel is indicating 50A service. Checked the breakers ( AC and DC) and none were tripped. Turned off and reset the Converter/Inverter breaker; just in case......
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

On our 2004 36G Journey we usually operate with inverter in the off position and the charger charging. With battery voltage at 11.9 charger should be charging; even at float I am thinking voltage would be at 13+ volts. If you are pluged in and there is no surge guard in the circuit then I am thinking that AC should be available to the AC equipment.

Did you check the load center circuit breakers located at base of bed? Were any tripped? The feed to the inverter/ charger runs through this panel with its circuit breaker. So if power is not in this panel then possibly the wiring coming into the MH has opened?

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Ron,

It sounds like you are currently getting your 120v AC from your batteries via the inverter portion of the inverter/converter

Check the following:
1) that the main circuit breaker for the inverter/converter has not tripped. (located under the bed in my case).

2) The right push button pad on the control panel after you push it should say normally that it is limited to 25 amps. If it displays limited to 0 it means that the converter (better known as the battery charger) is turned off. Continuing to push that button will cycle the setting from 25 to 20 to 15 to 10 to 5 and to 0 and back to 25 amps. Anything other that 0 will allow your converter to charge your batteries.

If both of the above are OK than I would say you may have a problem with the inverter/converter.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Also, AC power enters the load center via the automatic transfer switch. Possibly a problem with this switch?

Also, AC power is distributed through the breaker inverter panel that is mounted adjacent to the main load panel. Either inverter power or AC power from the park post is feed through this panel and distributed to outlets.

AC power needs to be traced back through these panels to determine where it is or is not available.

You can see this electrical design on schematic titled wiring diagram - body 110V.

Hopefully the above will be able to give you a clue to solve 110V power loss.

'10 Phaeton 36 QSH-
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ron,

There is one more thing that I remembered as possibly causing your probem.

There is a fuse link installed between the batteries and the converter.

It is located in the battery compartment. Just follow both of the red battery cables out and you will be able to determine which one is connected to it and where it is mounted (on my coach it is located to the right side of the batteries). Voltage should be the same on either side of the contacts if it is not blown.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote