Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Journey / Meridian 36M

We currently have a 2012 Thor ACE 29.2 and are interested in moving to a slightly larger DP. We have looked at a number of manufacturers and floor plans and are leaning towards a Journey / Meridian 36M. At this point we are leaning towards either a 2015 or 2016 model.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has thoughts or opinions on the model in general, difference between the years or who would recommend something similar that we should consider. It will serve us on short trips (weekends or weeks) for several years before we plan to go on some more extensive travels.

Thanks!
TurnTwoNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We bought our 2015 Meridian 36M in January and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! We went from a 25' Safari TREK to this dream MH with a bedroom and slides. We both are retired and like to take week trips, long weekends and several longer trips each year. There is nothing we don't like. It has everything ... Full-wall slide, WD, 2 FP which is great atmosphere and warms the MH, table & chairs and the pull out basement storage is soooo convenient! We love with the push of a button the awning is in/out, and it is leveled! Got a great price (28% discount) from CW.

Please feel free to PM us as we would love to share anything with you.
austx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 08:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

X2 - we have a 2013 Journey 36M. Love the floorplan -- plenty of room in aisle when slides closed. We chose the Extenda-Dinette which we also love because it takes up less space than traditional booth, but still comfy booth seating. (Since only two of us we rarely need 4 seats, and if needed, this will still make into a bed.)

Best wishes and enjoy the search
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank You

Thanks to austx and BeHappy for the quick replies! Looking forward to hearing from others as well.

We finally got to sit in a 2016 yesterday and were very impressed. All those we have looked at online and the one we sat in had the table vs. the dinette. I am tempted to choose ordering and get the dinette as an extra place to sleep, but obviously that would have to be a 2016. I'm guessing they will be dealing on the 15's more aggressively than the 16's, but we will have to see. We are going to try and talk some #s on a 15 and a 16 today. I really do hate playing the negotiation game, but we will see how it goes. Play whatever games you want to with the #s, there is only one that really matters to me and that is the bottom line that will get me to purchase or not. There are plenty of dealers we can get a 16 from if we decide to go that route...
Old 05-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You should be able to negotiate 25-30% off of MSRP. Just figure out what that is. We prefer to negotiate over the phone or by text/email. Good luck. Keep is posted. You should be able to find one already built with your specs and not have to order.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:56 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2012 36M and I lam looking a new 2016 - this tells you something
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 02:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

RReam - that definitely says quite a bit...thank you!

We put a hold on the 16 yesterday - they finally got into the right range as above - and are going to head over there shortly to get it on the road and talk some more before we decide to finalize things...

Hoping all goes well!
Old 05-18-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnTwoNet View Post
RReam - that definitely says quite a bit...thank you!

We put a hold on the 16 yesterday - they finally got into the right range as above - and are going to head over there shortly to get it on the road and talk some more before we decide to finalize things...

Hoping all goes well!
That's soooo EXCITING!!!
Old 05-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Well I can't speak to the question about the 2015 vs 2016 model differences, but I can say that we have had our 36' Horizon since 2003, and are still enjoying it very much. It has been a very reliable motorhome, and if we were to move into something new, it would be what you are looking at.

Any make or model will have their initial punch-list, but whatever it is, they WILL take care of you, and it will provide many years of enjoyment.

Have fun shopping, and post up some pics when you can.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:27 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We purchased a 2015 36M and love it. We had a 2008 Meridian. Both units are great and would recommend Winnebago's. Just make sure you go over the unit carefully and have them fix as many items as possible BEFORE you take possession. Once you pick it up, it can be a slow process to get the little things fixed.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Looks Like A Go!

Well, it rides like a dream and we've agreed on a price...assuming nothing changes, it should be coming home with us next week!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meridian.jpg
Views:	865
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	94943

Took this phone photo while it was in the parking lot before we headed out on the test drive.

They are putting a tire monitor system on it for us and we'll be transferring over the tow bar for our Wrangler. We need to get the wiring fixed on the Wrangler anyway so I am going to have them redo that. Of course, we are reasonably well equipped from the ACE, but are there any must have (or maybe you'd really like) items that we should look at for the new coach?

I'm planning on spending the weekend setting up trips for us so we will be ready to hit the road...close to home first, of course!
Old 05-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

CONGRATULATIONS

She is a beauty! You are going LOVE it!!!
Old 05-28-2015, 11:48 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Drove it home yesterday! Such a wonderful driving coach! I definitely need to get used to the breaks, but it seems easier to drive than our older MH. Planning on camping in it close to home this weekend to get some driving time and some time to start learning the many different features and options it has...We are looking forward to many trips over many years in the new DP!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

When we went from a vista to the journey their was nothing I needed to add. Only change in my routine was to get a flying j /pilot card to fill the def tank. It holds 13 gallons and will last a long time but filling it with over priced jugs of def was expensive and time consuming. I still carry a one gallon container for just in case.

I lied, I did add one thing. 685 watts of solar. Keeps my residential fridge running when I have no hookups.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Well, it has been awhile, so I thought I'd add an update...

Still LOVE the Meridian!

That is all

Seriously though, we have taken it out on several weekend trips with and without the Jeep in tow. We followed our son to his college in the SW Virginia mountains a couple of weeks ago and it handled it beautifully.

We have a few more weekend trips planned before we take it for a longer trip. We are also considering looking into towing one of our other vehicles since we will need more passenger space than the Jeep will allow (including for an 88 year old woman) on the long trip...

I shot the attached yesterday at a campground in NC as we were helping our other son move into college this past weekend...A beautiful, small campground, but no real activities other than a pond stocked with bass...we didn't mind since we were busy helping him get settled...

All in all, very happy with our choice of the Meridian and I continue to learn more about it each time I use it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camping-8715.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	518.4 KB
ID:	103649  

2016 Itasca Meridian 36M, 2009 Jeep Wrangler tow...
Old 08-17-2015, 05:31 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman-az View Post
When we went from a vista to the journey their was nothing I needed to add. Only change in my routine was to get a flying j /pilot card to fill the def tank. It holds 13 gallons and will last a long time but filling it with over priced jugs of def was expensive and time consuming. I still carry a one gallon container for just in case.

I lied, I did add one thing. 685 watts of solar. Keeps my residential fridge running when I have no hookups.
While this thread is about TwoTurn's new Meridian, and it sure is a beauty; Congrats TwoTurn!, I'd like to know more about what solar panels you installed, maybe with some pics, and links to what and where you bought?

Maybe start a thread on the project? Thanks.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:25 AM   #17
Winnebago Watcher

That's fantastic! We are in the market for this exact model and would love to benefit from your purchase experience. Please share anything you think might help us as we are doing this from Hawaii.

Aloha!
2016 Lincoln MKX, SMI Air Force One, Blue Ox
Capt. Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:26 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnTwoNet View Post
We currently have a 2012 Thor ACE 29.2 and are interested in moving to a slightly larger DP. We have looked at a number of manufacturers and floor plans and are leaning towards a Journey / Meridian 36M. At this point we are leaning towards either a 2015 or 2016 model.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has thoughts or opinions on the model in general, difference between the years or who would recommend something similar that we should consider. It will serve us on short trips (weekends or weeks) for several years before we plan to go on some more extensive travels.

Thanks!
I bought a 2012 Journey 36M in 2012 NEW. I can honestly say, I love the coach.
We took short trips for a couple years, and this year we went on a lengthy, for us, 5 week drive out west. I live in SE Alabama.

The coach is a joy to drive, and has ample storage room. I love the mix of modern electronics with fashionable wood molding, making our coach feel like home.

I can't imagine any coach costing twice the price being any better.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Great looking coach. We just purchased a 2014 36m Meridian. Found that with all the electronics that the mounted surge protector did not offer all the protection as my Progressive Industries model so I will continue to use it. We are looking to add more solar to support the fridge. Anybody added and how much so as not to over work the 30 amp charger?
Gene Holcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

Meridian V Class 2011....My door gets hooked on the Door awning when I want to close! How do I fix it?
Thanks
jacklynch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey