Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

My rear TV works great on TV antenna and Sat TV when the proper button is pushed on the Entertainment Switch Panel. When I have the DVD player on with the DVD button pushed for the rear TV, I don't get anything. DVD player works fine on front TV.

Took it in to dealer, tech said that the TV/DVD player is designed not to work in rear BR, you have to buy an infared switch setup form Radio Shack.

This is not what the owners manual says. I think the tech is mistaken, thinking I want to be able to switch the TV form the BR.

Who is right, the tech or me (following the owners manual)?

Thanks!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My rear TV works great on TV antenna and Sat TV when the proper button is pushed on the Entertainment Switch Panel. When I have the DVD player on with the DVD button pushed for the rear TV, I don't get anything. DVD player works fine on front TV.

Took it in to dealer, tech said that the TV/DVD player is designed not to work in rear BR, you have to buy an infared switch setup form Radio Shack.

This is not what the owners manual says. I think the tech is mistaken, thinking I want to be able to switch the TV form the BR.

Who is right, the tech or me (following the owners manual)?

Thanks!

Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Make sure your rear TV is on channel #3.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I don't know what he's talking about needing to buy additional equipment. It's all there if wired properly. Doesn't the rear radio have a DVD player to the rear TV on the '07?

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Paul,

Jeff is right on the money the rear DVD player in the bedroom unit will play a DVD for the rear TV but I have never tried to send a DVD from the front DVD player to the rear TV.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:42 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Ken and Jeff,

Yes there is a rear DVD player in the radio, but I have been unsuccessful in getting that to work also, I thought it wasn't hooked up. The instructions in the owners manual are very vague. Did not even know it was there during the PDI and the guy that gave me the walk through just turned on the radio, never mentioned a DVD player. My bad.

I discovered it reading thru my owners manuals but was unable to get anything but sound, no picture out of it.

I guess a call to WB Customer service is in order.

Thaks for your help!

Old 07-10-2007, 03:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I suspect your problem is caused by the DVD being connected directly to the front TV with RCA or S-video cables rather than a coaxial cable routed through the Winegard switch box. This will give you the best video quality from the DVD. Your Winegard switch box is only capable of working with coax, not the higher quality S-video cables or the separate RCA video and left and right channel sound cables.

Look at the back of your DVD player. If you do not see coax what I stated above is correct.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Make sure your rear TV is on channel #3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
as sammie says rear tv on channel 3,the infrared is already there. you have to use the remote for the dvd player.there is also a infrared glued where you would put a sat. box. at least there is one our 06 journey 36. Don
Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Paul,

Coach is in storage so not right at the house but you have to have it on chanel 3 as stated and select the right input for the picture. So put a movie in rear DVD player and start it playing then use the TV remote to change the input until you see your movie. Sorry I can not step you through the exact steps but as stated previously you can play a movie in the back bedroom.
KennethM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Tom/Don/Ken:

Thank you all for your help. I was able to get the rear DVD player working, I had to scroll thru the Inputs on the rear BR TV remote and it worked just fine!

I'll have to pull the front DVD player out on the next rainy day and see what kind of cables are on it.

As to the remote infared button, nope, none on my 07 39K. I do remember seeing the remote sensor on the 36G model, as well as in the 37B Adventurers. I guess WB left it off my 39K due to the rear DVD player. I still will pick one up at Radio Shack to be able to control my Sat TV channels from the BR.

Thanks you all again, I appreciate your Winnebago INSIGHT and WISDOM.

Best Regards!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Oh yeah... I forgot it's a multi-mode monitor. SVGA won't do you much good. BTW- I HAVE an IR button in the rear and it works as good as yours (read:not..) It too is on the list to deal with.

Another BTW- One of the 1st things I did was do a Tim Taylor on the front media cabling. The DVD/VCR is now component to the TV. I could care less about the VCR, so I'll stomach watching it on RF Ch.3. The DSS is S-Video into the TV, with the A/V outputs feeding an input on the DVD/VCR since it's also the Surround Sound. The pictures up front are considerably better than original.

I also noticed that there was alot of noise (low RF) to the rear TV, that is split to the outside CATV on the patio side. There is now a commercial +30 line amp installed I got enuf steam to feed half the campground now..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote