Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Journey dash question...recover the vinyl

Wondering if anyone has removed the front (cowl?) part of the dash on a Journey....the flat portion closest to the windshield with the defroster vents?

I want to re-cover that portion of the dash with new vinyl and it appears that flat panel can be removed. Once the defroster vents are removed, I am wondering if those screws are all that hold it on or if there are other screws on the underside?
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via ICQ to W8RLM
Suggest that you call Owner Relatikons at Winnebago. They are glad to help.

W8RLM - Bob
Old 11-27-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
RKL
Winnebago Owner

Gary..same issue as you...Purchased a custom fitted dash cover from ShurGrip thru the RV Toy store for about @200. They have a pattern for our units with complete dash and vent cut outs and it fits over the dash guage section like a glove..Found them in the FMCA book...Checked out similar covers and they appeared the best...Can't send a pic, rig is in Florida and I'm not,,,Selected the beige color...good luck RKL...if you need their website, pm me
Old 11-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

Gary, if you get it figured out please post the info. Thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL View Post
Gary..same issue as you...Purchased a custom fitted dash cover from ShurGrip thru the RV Toy store for about @200. They have a pattern for our units with complete dash and vent cut outs and it fits over the dash guage section like a glove..Found them in the FMCA book...Checked out similar covers and they appeared the best...Can't send a pic, rig is in Florida and I'm not,,,Selected the beige color...good luck RKL...if you need their website, pm me
I considered a cover...even ordered one but sent it back because it was not a good fit (Josie's). I have some good marine vinyl left over from another project and think I can really have a nice looking dash if I can get that panel off.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have seen Journey dash's recovered, but I haven't done it myself. I know it can be done, but don't know where the attachment points are. Sorry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Update: from the Winnebago service folks.....this panel is attached with threaded studs. Two of the studs are accessible from the generator compartment (I can see those). However, there are additional studs in the middle of the panel that can only be accessed from inside and, according to Winnebago, they are difficult to get to.

So, we are going to make a dash cover.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hi Gary, Have you ever considered using a vinyl spray dye. I did a whole interior of a VW way back in the 1960's and the seats lasted quite a long time. Your dash won't see much wear so maybe this would work for you.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autobodydep...FQkDbAod-2K5jg

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Dash cover

WadeRV in Seffner, FL isn't the cheapest for window covers and dash covers, but, the cover he made for my 2005 Itasca Meridian 39k fits great and looks good. He did not cover the instrument cage due to its shape.

My dash is in very good condition and I want to keep it that way.

Wade RV | Seffner, FL | Located On Site at Lazydays | Sun Screens, Custom Window Graphics, Dashboard Mats, Front Masks, Wheel Covers, Entry Mats, Step Mats, Upholstery, Vinyl Repair