Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Journey 34Y Table Mod

Our 2010 Journey Express 34Y did not have a table on the left side of the Euro Chair. The only place to set a drink while sitting in the chair was in a small corner table that was almost behind the chair (on the right). This was especially difficult when the chair was pulled out to a normal sitting position.

When we saw the table that Winnebago installed on the 2011 and subsequent 34Y models we wanted one. Installing the Winnebago table / magazine rack combination was prohibitively expensive (over $1300 all in) so we looked for other solutions.

The photo is of our new table / book case / dog water (sipit) holder. The table is attached to the slideout so like the Winnebago product but is much smaller. One of the things we didn't like about the Winnebago table was that it extended too far into the walkway when the slideout is retracted. We went with something slightly smaller. We previously had a dog water dispenser mounted on the wall in this area and the new table would have required us to remove it. So, we just made it an integral part of the new table. Works perfectly.

I don't have the skills or equipment to do something like this myself. I had this one made and installed by Creative Coach in Lakeland, Florida. Creative Coach did a fantastic job of designing, manufacturing and installing this unique piece of furniture. They matched the finish of our existing cabinetry PERFECTLY. I would not have thought that possible. I would challenge anybody to tell the difference. This truly looks like a factory install and that is saying something as Winnebago does some really nice cabinet work.

I post this here in case any of you other 34Y owners have been looking for a similar solution and to give Creative Coach a well deserved endorsement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our Euro Chair table - pet water holder - bookcase.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	19550  
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Looks Great!!
kdmuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Are you covering a Hvac filter return? I love they cabinet and want to do the same type of thing. Was not sure if I should attach it to the wall nest to the Hvac return just where the line would be with the wall retracted?
sellhomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Sorry. Next to the filter. Using iPhone and auto correct
Old 12-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hi,
That access plate is not a HVAC return. It is just access / ventilation for the plumbing in the bathroom. The table is attached to the slide out and that is the only way I would recommend doing it. There simply isn't enough wall space to attach it to when the slide out is retracted. We have really enjoyed it a lot!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Great idea. Have been looking for same. Will contact vendor. But will try to make it portable since on our 09 34Y that vent is the main heat return.

Nick Dienes
nsdienes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Great idea, and looks really good!
BigTonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsdienes View Post
Great idea. Have been looking for same. Will contact vendor. But will try to make it portable since on our 09 34Y that vent is the main heat return.

Nick Dienes
I have the 09 34y and that's what I thought also but if you have it attached to the slide there is a few inches between the return and the table.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by f14av8r View Post
Hi,
That access plate is not a HVAC return. It is just access / ventilation for the plumbing in the bathroom. The table is attached to the slide out and that is the only way I would recommend doing it. There simply isn't enough wall space to attach it to when the slide out is retracted. We have really enjoyed it a lot!
Whoops, bad on me. That is indeed the return for the gas furnace. It's been awhile since we did the mod and I forgot. That is one of the reason we put it on the slide. There is an adequate gap between the return and the new cabinet with it attached to the slide. Note this is a very similar design to the one Winnebago used on the 2011 model.

Sorry for the confusion in my earlier post.

Tags
journey