Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Peterson
Did you see the side radiator Tour/Ellipse at the RV show or?
I've been searching for it and can't find anything about it.

Thanks,
W.D.

I think it was only a Grand Tour that had the side radiator.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 02:23 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

OK thanks Bob and XBoater!
I had heard tell from a friend who works at the factory a 45 footer was in the works last year. Cool, can't wait to see it. I suspected they'd probably utilize the Ultra Steer Freightliner chassis at some point too.

Anyone able to direct me to a link where I can see pics of this "mo-sheen"?

Thanks all
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Found the stuff on Winnie's site about the 45RL, pretty nice. I was looking for more photo detail on the side rad chassis though didn't find any pics yet. I only see pics of the 42 ft models thus far in my search.

I can't help but wonder why they didn't up the horse power to at least 500 on the 45RL, unless I missed something.

I noticed some Newmar similarities on the interior of the 45RL too like TV behind mirror in bedroom for example. I Like the Bose stuff too, that's the only way to fly audio wise.

Sorry if I'm getting off topic, this is a thread about the Ellipse after all, but it's pretty much all the same I guess. Cool coaches, can't wait to see what's next.

W.D.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:43 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
From reading just wasn't completely clear -- Do 2012s (and up) have Lippert slides? So 2011 and down would be Power Gear...
I have a 2012 Ellipse and it has Power Gear slides. In 2013 they went to Lippert. Had my slides repaired (first time) and then traded for the 2012 Ellipse. Changing away from Lippert was part of my decision.
So 2011 will have Power Gear slides.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:49 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
From reading just wasn't completely clear -- Do 2012s (and up) have Lippert slides? So 2011 and down would be Power Gear...
Not sure about 2015, but 2016 units have newer style Power Gear slides. BIG improvement.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:02 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, Jupiter and mgtr! Helpful to know this when looking on the used market.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

we have a 08 Ellipse, 40wd. with 57k miles on 400 ISL cummings. love it, only problem was water leaking over front door when it rained.
DANandJoella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 08:23 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

To the OP.....We just purchase a 2011 QD this summer (same as the ellipse), coming from a 5er, it was quite the change. All positive expect for the surprising intimidation first time driving it. It has so much room it is unbelievable. The slide system in the 2011 is much better than the newer ones (factory service man said he hates the newer ones), but everything about it we love. Still need to pay attention to the slides as there were some issues with rollers and tiles. In my research, other than slide issues, I have not seen any patterns of issues. Lots of little tricks about how to deal with issues around on this forum. Before you by, take a good look at the tires. My RV only had 14k on it, but the tires were dry rotted and did not pass state inspection. They are $750 each and only Michelin makes that size (was told this but never verified), so that was an unpleasant bill.
Brutusiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Have a 2012 Ellipse. Love it. 37,000 miles. Florida, 4 winters, Newfoundland, and 100 days in Alaska. Would not trade it for anything else out there including the new stuff.

Go for it!
bertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkertom View Post
About to take the plunge and get our very first Class A motorhome. Looking very seriously at a 2011 Itasca Ellipse. Also been looking at Phaeton, Aspire and Diplomat but this Ellipse has just about every feature we have been looking for from being a bath and 1/2 to an entertainment center that sits across from an L shape couch. Is there anything in particular I should be looking closely at when we go to look at this coach? Any common issues with that year and model?
Just a couple of comments regarding the macerator stool. If you boon dock, you will find it is a real water hog. It will drain your water tank and fill you black tank rather quickly. The black tank will only go 3 to 3 1/2 days. Using the conventional RV stool in the half bath we can stretch it to 10 days.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
Just a couple of comments regarding the macerator stool. If you boon dock, you will find it is a real water hog. It will drain your water tank and fill you black tank rather quickly. The black tank will only go 3 to 3 1/2 days. Using the conventional RV stool in the half bath we can stretch it to 10 days.
Interesting point regarding water/black tank. Huge difference in water throughput from the old style gravity types. However, our half bath has the same setup as the master, and appears to use the same amount of water. I guess some had it and some did not.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:11 PM   #32
Winnebago Owner

The manuals (the black bag) will instruct you on water use. Both bathroom "stools" are adjustable in the amount of water used.

Reading further, at times no water is required. It's in the manual.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
The manuals (the black bag) will instruct you on water use. Both bathroom "stools" are adjustable in the amount of water used.

Reading further, at times no water is required. It's in the manual.

You are correct, plus there are two flush buttons. One for less water flow (no solid waste flush), and the other for more (solid waste flushes).

Depending on your water source, you set the level of water in the bowl. Usually, when changing water sources you'd reset the bowl water level and carry on. You can empty the bowl completely if needed with no filling of bowl after. It's pretty simple and all in the manual as stated previously.

You'll love it in my opinion, beats the heck out of the gravity ones.

Safe travels
W.D.

Tags
itasca