Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2014, 07:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Itasca Ellipse 2014 Inverter wiring ?

Hello !

I just bought my rv and could not find anywhere what inverter furnishes in term of electricity outlet and appliance ?

And another thing, it seems that there is only 2 coaxial cables coming from the roof's satellite antenna , I do not understand why Winnebago did not put the 4 of them ? It need's 2 of them just for the recorder decoder so I cannot put another docoder.

Thanks
dancebeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebeq View Post
Hello !

I just bought my rv and could not find anywhere what inverter furnishes in term of electricity outlet and appliance ?

And another thing, it seems that there is only 2 coaxial cables coming from the roof's satellite antenna , I do not understand why Winnebago did not put the 4 of them ? It need's 2 of them just for the recorder decoder so I cannot put another docoder.

Thanks
:welcome: and congratulations on your new home on wheels!

If you go to the Winnebago web site and look under the "Resources" tab you will find much needed info on your coach. Where you didn't post your signature with your vitals I could not give you the exact info you are looking for. Here is a link that may help: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_180447.pdf.

FYI. A quick look at your service panel will give you a clue about what is on the inverter. In my coach the inverter runs the essentials; frig, microwave, TVs and a few outlets. The fireplace and most of the left side of the coach is dead when shore power is off. Only the generator and shore power give you full power to everything.

As far as the coax is concerned? I think (total speculation on my part) that the new entertainment centers use HDMI switching. So the coax of old is not needed.

Again, welcome to the forum. We all look forward to your inspired thoughts and input.

Happy trails,

Rick Y
Old 05-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank Jerichorick !

The diagram you send me is the electrical diagram of shore and generator wiring , not the inverter wiring diagram. I never find the right one in those supplied at Winnebago site.

Concerning the coax, the entertainment system does a good job at distributing video and audio source to all the coach but what can I do if I want to put 2 shaw direct decoder since the first one take the only two coax avaible ?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

dancebeq, here is the power drawing you are looking for looks like everything on the right side of the drawing except the dishwasher is power by the inverter. Page 6
http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/...ire_183551.pdf
I assume you have a travel'r satellite antenna which comes setup for DirecTV which uses a splitter for multiple feeds. I changed ours to Dish and you are right there are only 2 coax's coming from the antenna dish.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancebeq View Post
Thank Jerichorick !

The diagram you send me is the electrical diagram of shore and generator wiring , not the inverter wiring diagram. I never find the right one in those supplied at Winnebago site.

Concerning the coax, the entertainment system does a good job at distributing video and audio source to all the coach but what can I do if I want to put 2 shaw direct decoder since the first one take the only two coax avaible ?
This is true except for the picture of the service panel. If you note, the labeling is clear as to which side of the service panel is dedicated to the inverter circuits. If you are trying to get into the wires for some reason this is still helpful because you can see what is on what circuit.

About the Shaw direct decoder? This is out of my league. Can't help you there. My Directv receiver is the Genie type. The little box in the bedroom runs that tv and the switch in the living room allows the outside tv to work. I am that dumb about the new systems that this simple arrangement makes me happy.

In any case, whatever you get from the forum that helps you in your quest is good.

Many happy trails,
Rick
Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We are also 1st time MH owners of a '14 Solei 34T.
Thanks Rick & Melissa for clearifying where the diagrams are. Have a quick question about the portable Satellite antenna and Direct TV receiver. Would I need just one receiver to operate both lunge and bedroom TV's or do I need 2 receivers, one for ea?

Thanks, Edmond.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

EdMan, the HDMI 4X4 will send the HD video signal from your satellite receiver to all of the TV's. Not familiar with DirecTV HD outputs, if there is only one that same signal will go to all TV's.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks gtharris.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Thank's everyone for your answer !!
Old 06-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

I got the Genie with a bedroom add-on. I am questioning my wisdom with this choice. We only watch one tv at a time and the bedroom tv is rarely on. Your selector will route your programs to where you want them. The drawback is that the control may not work from an adjacent room. The receiver is HDMI equipped. You need to get the RV waver to avoid a charge for not having a phone or internet line. Dumb but true.

Tags
inverter, itasca, wiring