Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Interior fluorescent lamps

Help, I have a 2008 Tour that all the interior lights work fine except the ones on each side of the exhaust fan in the kitchen. It seems like I’m missing a light switch somewhere but I can’t find a resource to see what lights go with which switches. I’ve checked fuses and replaced the bulbs, nothing. Hopefully someone who has the same set up can answer the question.

Also, how do you get the shower light cover off to replace the batteries.
ldicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Are these the florescent lights on each side of the vent fan in the ceiling or vent fan above the cooktop?
A wiring diagram is available from Winnebago here: https://winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

The lights on each side of the ceiling vent fan. Can you tell me which switch controls them?
Old 02-25-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldicker View Post
The lights on each side of the ceiling vent fan. Can you tell me which switch controls them?
On my 2006 Journey the lights in the ceiling of the kitchen are controlled by a switch labeled "galley". Hopefully there is a switch on the wall which would have a label that you would associate with something in a kitchen, such as "galley".

You didn't ask what could be wrong with the lights, but here are some suggestions.

If I was at your RV I would remove the light from the ceiling, take a multi meter (voltage meter) and see if I had 12V at the wires. If 12V was present then the fixture is probably bad. The multi meter is available at any big box store or big box hardware store or at Amazon for under $20.

Assuming this is a florescent light fixture, there is a control circuit inside the fixture called a "ballast". If this goes bad then you need a new fixture. They are readily available on at RV stores or websites or Amazon.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote