Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2017, 09:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Inside rear tire fill valve extension

Does anybody have a recommendation as to where I can take my RV in the greater Cleveland Ohio area to get valve extensions that will work properly so I can easily fill the inside tires in the rear. I cannot understand why this is not automatically done at the manufacturer. I'm also having trouble finding a shop that can handle a full load wheel alignment. 2015 35B VISTA
OhioVista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I picked up a set at northern tool
Old 11-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
Site Team

I got a set of extenders at Camping World. I think there is one in the Akron area. Not sure about a location to get a wheel alignment. Isn't there any Ford Truck sales and service locations down in the valley off 480? Bedford - Alexander Road has a truck tire place you can see off I-271?
Old 11-10-2017, 04:49 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Start calling the truck places for an alignment, shouldn't be any problem.

We have yet to find good valve extensions for the inners. People recommend some but we aren't interested in laying out the $$ for them and I haven't seen enough comments on them to convince they are any better/worse than the others. We found a place that had solid valve exstentions which we have had in the past but these just don't work well. Braided don't work either.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Sue,
As mentioned above, find them at Camping World. The original Stainless braided lines have worked well for 10 years on my coach.
The braided is merely high pressure rubber lines with a stainless braid to protect from abrasions. Never saw anything else. Some sort of solid lines may leak from any movement. That would be dangerous.
Richard
Old 11-19-2017, 04:37 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

We have always had problems with the braided ones and 20 years ago found solid ones, worked great on our MDT. The solid ones have given us problems on the MH, don't know what the difference is. If I recall correctly the braided ones don't like the TPMS unit on the end of them, even with the extender holder on them. We just took off the extenders on the inners and put on the TPMS. For the once/twice a year you need to add air that is fine with us.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 11-19-2017, 04:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Didn't know you had all that experience with it.
I like the idea of the TPMS system and no extensions. Which brand did you pick?
Richard
Old 11-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

We have had Pressure Pro for 18 years and they have been very reliable. We have 10 sensors in total. With the MH we had to get a repeater to read the toad.

At the time Pressure Pro was pretty much the only TPMS system that was reliable. There are more on the market now. The only negative we have with the Pressure Pro is we can't replace the batteries ourselves, however they last for many years. Next time we need to replace the batteries we need to revisit whether we want to stay with Pressure Pro.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y