Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Infotainment center (aka. radio)

Hi all, Going back in forth on I40(terrible road) My XM satellite radio stopped working. Made a bunch of noise and said check signal. Did this a few times, now it only gets the promo channel. It still picks up the signal and all the preset channels have numbers. Does anyone have experience with removing the radio? 2014 Meridian 40U. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Site Team

You might just need to call and have the service refreshed. If you get the preview channel then you're receiving the signal.

For many of WBGO RV's it's an antenna on the roof going to a small little receiver box. I checked your wiring diagram and can't see any separate box. Just the radio and the antenna on the roof.

Here's the PDF

https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram...ire_181554.pdf

We've last signal from time to time and seen the "check signal" message but it always has been very temporary and it's never returned to be a problem. I'd call Sirius/XM they can "see" your receiver on their end.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the diagram it was very helpful. I did call them and they did send a refresh signal. I was unable to turn the power off completely to the radio at the time.
Now that I’m at home I will disconnect all power and see if that works. In one of the diagrams I did see a receiver under the radio. I just hate to open that can of worms under there. Wires everywhere and it’s all laying around. Last time I was in there my outside air temperature stopped working.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We had a similar experience with the aftermarket Pioneer system the PO installed on our Sunstar. The problem turned out to be the magnet mount antenna that he glued to the fiberglass roof. After I replaced it with a decent quality marine SiriusXM antenna, it's been flawless.

Mag mount antennas generally rely on the steel surface they are stuck to for part of their gain.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We've had problems with vibration loosening connections in our Infotainment system. Frequently I have to go into the "box" and reconnect or tighten up connections. Our Infotainment control box is located over the passenger in the brow compartment. In hot weather it will overheat (sun and high outside temps) and the systems start to act up. Lost the video cameras last summer. I added a small fan and put more bumper cushions on the cabinet doors to create a larger gap to allow more air to ventilate the area. No problem ever since we've cooled things down
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #6
Site Team

Joe, all of us recent Adventurer owners (approximately 2015-2018) have had serious heat issues in those upper front cabinets. Many have had to have electrical equipment replaced due to heat failure. There are many posts here on this subject.

The heat is coming from the black painted stripe on the top of the windshield.

A number of us have removed the mouse fur covered fiberboard that makes up the cabinets and stuffed fiberglass insulation bats across the entire area and up it all back together.

For me this solved the heat issue completely. Here is my post about this process. I know there are a couple of others from other members, too.

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/f...ml#post3821513
Old 12-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Great Info and thanks creativepart! I like that approach better than the fan and may give it a shot over the winter when I'm twiddling my thumbs looking for a project!

We run from here in west GA to Austin a good bit and its been while sitting at the RV park in Austin over the summer that it got real bad. At home here in GA it sits in the shade and hasn't been too hot. So far using the fan is working but I think I'll do the insulation thingy! Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio