Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-08-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Information needed:2005 Winnebago ADVENTURER 37B

I am looking to buy a 2005 Winnebago ADVENTURER 37B and wondering if there is anyone with experience with that model. Recommendations, issues, best engine, transmission is it reliable. I have fallen in love with that model and just want some input before I purchase.
smaurer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We bought one new in 2004 and really like it. The congestion in the bath area with the doors is not a problem. A double slide up front would be nice, but we live in ours 7 months and get along fine. The large bedroom is very nice.
As far as chassis and engine, I'm very happy with the Workhorse. Ours is a W-22, which is great, but a W-24 might be preferred by some. The 6 speed (W-24) is not much advantage over the 5 speed in ours as the final drive ratio ends up being the same. The 8.1 GM motor has more low-end torque than the Ford, which is much better in an RV.

Good luck with your decision,
Dave
Old 07-09-2017, 06:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We are selling our 2003 Adventurer 31Y as we've moved up to a Newmar DP but have loved our Adventurer.
Bought it in 2006 and have pulled a Honda CR.V all of that time.
Ours had the separate shower which we like a lot.
The Workhorse W22 chassis w Allison tranny is a winning combo... worked well after the brake recall was completed. (Check to be sure it was done)
We replaced the original recliner and glad we did.
There is a reason there are lots of these around...they were a very usable layout and had some features other comparable units did not.
Good luck w yours.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We bought an '05 Suncruiser 37B in Aug. '04. We used it for 6 six years and 63,000 miles. We had no serious problems and not many little ones. Jean still misses her bedroom lounge! We also had the W-22 and would have liked more capacity, but we towed a Colorado Crew across the country many times. Great Design.
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We have had ours since 2006. Lived in it full time for 10 years. Just minor problems. We have the 8.1 and 5 spd Allison. It's a great combination but a little under powered in the mountains of Colorado but not bad. All I've had to do is replace plug wires and install cooling air kit, reseal running lights, replace brushes in the washer/dryer unit, replace awning covers, replace tires with Toyo brand (best decision ever), install new start up condensers on basement A/C unit, have had to clean the evaporator core on the A/C unit twice because the filter doesn't clean all the return air for the A/C. We also took out the original recliner and replaced it with a Lazy Boy. Replaced the dinette with a table and chairs. Replaced both TVs with new flat screens and installed a Travler sat dish. The only real complaint I have is the paint peeling it seams there was a problem and now that it's out of warranty the factory won't help. It is just cosmetic and doesn't bother me too much. We really like this motorhome
jlillie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlillie01 View Post
We have had ours since 2006. ...

.... The only real complaint I have is the paint peeling it seams there was a problem and now that it's out of warranty the factory won't help. It is just cosmetic and doesn't bother me too much. We really like this motorhome
You should call CDI, who paints all the Winnie full body paint jobs. They did my 2004 and my buddies 2005 three yrs ago at the GNR. They only charged him $220 for their cost of the paint. I paid $860 for some other repair that would of run about $3 to $4,000. From what I understand during those years, to reduce over-spray issues, they only put a thin layer of clear on the roof radius and the tops of front/rear caps. So to make up for the shortcomings, CDI does a complementary redo of those high up peeling clear.
Call Dave Nagle at 1-641-585-5900 or 1-641-590-3420.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

smaurer76, here's a link where a possible buyer is asking the same questions for a 05 Suncruiser 37B. Very similar coach with all the same type components.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/look...er-347146.html
Old 07-10-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duner View Post
You should call CDI, who paints all the Winnie full body paint jobs. They did my 2004 and my buddies 2005 three yrs ago at the GNR. They only charged him $220 for their cost of the paint. I paid $860 for some other repair that would of run about $3 to $4,000. From what I understand during those years, to reduce over-spray issues, they only put a thin layer of clear on the roof radius and the tops of front/rear caps. So to make up for the shortcomings, CDI does a complementary redo of those high up peeling clear.

Call Dave Nagle at 1-641-585-5900 or 1-641-590-3420.

I'll try to call them thanks. Unfortunately the clear is peeling all over not just the radius
jlillie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We had our coach painted as it was jell coat with bad decals. We used Mike's Custom Painting in Breman, IN in the NW part of the state. I had them paint above the beltline only as the original paint was still good. It reduced the price considerably and we could not be happier with their work. They also are very reasonable. If you just needed clearcoat I'm sure they would do you a great job.

Dave
Old 07-11-2017, 06:04 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser 37B (same as adventurer) that we might sell soon. We have full timed in it for the last 4 years. The engine is the Chevy Vortec 8.1L and Allison transmission. We have just replaced the basement air conditioner, had all systems checked and a repair done to the levelers at HWH, Toyo tires and more. If interested please PM me.

We really like the Suncruiser and have had no serious issues with it.

Tags
adventurer, vent, winnebago