Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I Have Found a 2004 Meridian 34H Opinions Wanted

We found a 2004 Itasca Meridian 34Hthat we really like but know nothing about we have been Motor Homers for a long and have owned everything from a 23ft C to a 38 A pusher.......

Can I get people to talk about the Meridian, tell me pros and cons what to look for when I get to inspect it.

Anything I need to watch for as far as the chassis is concerned, Hows does it handle? Ride?

Cat 350? What to look out for?......

I'm not really concerned about the RV stuff like the fridge and stove and toilets etc..... Because they are all the same...

Thanks for your time LeeB
Old 11-22-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

The only thing that I'd warn you about is to inspect very throughly, due the model year, the windshield frame hiding behind the reveal molding. Do a search here or on Google for 'Winnebago' and 'windshield frame rust'. You might be shocked at what happened over about a ten-year model run.
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I have the same MH with 120,000 miles on it and love love it. I am in California so have not been affected by the windshield frame rust issue. The also tend to have the clear coat fail on the roof of the front cap. Both Winnebago and Freightliner will give you lots of support. You can also download your coach information brochures from the Winnebago web site.
I'm sure you will love it!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I have the same MH with 120,000 miles on it and love love it. I am in California so have not been affected by the windshield frame rust issue. The also tend to have the clear coat fail on the roof of the front cap. Both Winnebago and Freightliner will give you lots of support. You can also download your coach information brochures from the Winnebago web site.
I'm sure you will love it!
Thanks I am finding some horrible Pictures....... I plan on trying to inspect it the best I can.......

http://http://forums.trailerlife.com...print/true.cfm
Old 11-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We own the Journey 34H which is the Meridian's sister coach and absolutely love it. Super easy to maneuver & park in the older state & national park campgrounds. We've got the Steering Stabilizer and Koni Shock mounted on ours and she handles and rides very smooth for a short bus.

Super easy to pull maintenance lifting the bed to lube the exhaust brake, change the secondary fuel filter and keep the CAC and radiator clean. Our coach has the 330hp version of the C7 so your mileage may vary...

Towing our Toyota Highlander on a dolly with brakes, the 330 C7 simply purrs like a kitten and pull the hills without any drama or water temp rising.

I'd look for the slobber tube extended to the end of the coach, dates on the tires and like Chuck said, check for rusting under the windshield rubber too...

Happy Campin LeeB!
Mr Miyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thank You all for the inputs and postings....... We bought the 2004 Itasca Meridian 34H
Old 11-25-2015, 05:03 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Location: DW Driver -Winter Englewood FL, Summer Willingboro NJ
Congratulations. I bought an older MH but expected to invest in more money in an older unit. Just something I would expect in a used MH. We have had a few problems but the cost so far has been well below that what we expected and in the range of $6000.

As far as things to watch. the first thing is the lift pump and the next would be leaks.
See my blog on the windshield and batteries.
More rust on frame from double face tape - iRV2 Forums