Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Horizon 42q opinions?

We are considering purchasing a Horizon 42q and would love to hear from owners about their experiences. We have owned a class c and toy hauler trailers but never a class a so this will be a big jump for us and want to get it right.
Argyle mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
W6GRG

Argyle mom,

Did you ever get a Horizon? I am picking up a 42Q next week and would like to connect with other Horizon owners.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hey Griefert...do u travel during summer? Outside CA that is. We will be in or around Yellowstone for Aug & Sept this summer and always looking for same minded peeps. Dear Hubby loves to fish and I am a sewer/quilter..we both travel with all necessary equipment for our passions so the Horizon has proven to be perfect for us. While it doesn't have the appearance of lots of space, we are both amazed at how much we actually hold. I am talking mostly bulk and not weight so no need to offer caution about overloading as I am fully aware.
Sheilag1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griegert View Post
Argyle mom,

Did you ever get a Horizon? I am picking up a 42Q next week and would like to connect with other Horizon owners.
We have not moved forward with a purchase yet. I would love to know how you like your unit after your purchase.
Argyle mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We did! Picked it up last Oct on the way home and have been in ever since. Love the coach Big Time. Just got underway yesterday for summer travels. First stop Winnie as the delivery dealer should not be. Next stop "The Driftless Area" for fishing and fun. Will spend majority of summer in Yellowstone. How about you
Old 04-14-2020, 01:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Will need to adjust somehow cuz this folded up bed is a challenge. It's 3:30 and he's out on the couch. Gonna be hard to find somewhere to overnight where we can open slides. But coach rides VERY smoothly and seems quite content to be going down the road.
Old 04-20-2020, 06:09 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We got the sleeping figured out and it's pretty good. We sleep sideways on the bed.